Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:58:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Eden] New Post Apoc miniatures game from Taban Miniatures  (Read 15133 times)

Offline taban

• Student
[Eden] New Post Apoc miniatures game from Taban Miniatures
« on: September 23, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »
Hello !
Time has come for Taban miniatures to unveil our major project :
The game "Eden", that will be sat up in post apocalyptic "near" future.

This skirmish type product will be launched in December 2009, the rules are written and tested and we are now working on the final tuning of the gameplay (units balance, HP values, etc...) 75% of the wave 1 model have allready been sculpted and the masters are ready for the production moulds.

Here is a picture of one of the games faction, shown at the "Ravage Mix open" in Paris ("Le monde du jeu" showroom)

You will find more detailed views on the "Eden" part of our website :http://www.taban-miniatures.com

Following are the game's datas :

Packaging
The game will be sold as "starter boxes" including 4 to 6 miniatures (depending on their faction), a rules and background booklet, characteristics cards for each model, and a tactical deck. For painters, or players wanting to test unusual combos, each miniature will be sold individually in clam-shell with its characteristics card.
The game will be printed in French, but the cards and booklet will be availaible for download in English. (I swear I'll ask a native English speaking dude to do the job

Game mechanics & Features
- True skirmishes game, fast, bloody and tactical.
- A mission system that makes each game played rather unique.
- Challenges, player's directory, game results tracking and other community features through the game website.
- Open Armies lists and possibilities to create unusual compositions
 - Rules short and easy to grasp but with great tactical depth
- Played with a deck of strategic cards, composed before the battle and drawn during the game (deck building )
- An injury location system, video-game like, with a real impact over the gameplay
- Beautiful figurines sculpted by a team of multi-Golden demon winners.
- An original background, mysterious and full of references to our Post-apoc classics ...
 - Rules which take into account all the parameters of a true battle (weather, landscape, hazards, roaming beasts, etc. ...)

Scale of the miniatures :
32mm to the eyes, (35mm top of head) like many Confrontation, Warlord or enigma miniatures models. This choice was made in purpose, so that average painters / gamers can get their miniatures painted for gaming fast and easily, without loosing themselves in tons of tiny details. As you can see on the pictures, the most skilled painters can anyway achieve great shading and free-hand effects on the models.

Target prices :
About 30€ (~40US$) for the starter boxes (4 big to 6 standard miniatures inside) and a base price of 7€ for the blisters.
Some of the taller models though will be 54mm and will be priced higher when blistered (monsters and such), but cheaper than standard historical or display 54mm

Extra-EEU prices :
We sell most of our current "Taban Miniature" line overseas, through direct mail order. Shipping costs are decent , according to what our customers says on the forums. check our web shop for more infos... Our current US and EEU retailers, sell at the same price as we do ourselves.
I will set up a pre-order feature on the web site, so if we got a good feed back from foreign fellows, we can get the game materials printed as well for December.

More in formations about the game and picture of the other miniatures will be given until EDEN's release...

Spread the word, and feel free to comment and ask questions !

Cheers Benoit

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
Re: [Eden] New Post Apoc miniatures game from Taban Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
lovely figures I am interested ..but i would like to see a download of basic rules etc and a few more figures first as I went in to Helldorado in a big way ,I know they are supposed to be reissued and English rules etc ,but Eden looks good and I dont want to be left half way through again Hell dorado style :'(

Offline cerealkiller195

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:25:53 AM »
these are some VERY nice miniatures, i can't wait to see and hear some more.

Offline taban

• Student
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
Here are more news about our upcoming game eden :

Planning schedule is held so far for a launch during the very first half of December this year
50% of the miniatures are under production and 100% have been sculpted. We will get the rules translated in english within 2 weeks

Here are some answers to the questions that appeared on the forums after the first news :

Factions
Eden has so far 4 factions, that will all have miniatures within wave 1
We have shown last month the Jokers gang, here is now the Bamaka clan for the mutants faction :

Sculpture by Mohand and Allan Carrasco, Painting by Jakovazor

The 2 other ones will be the sadistic Matriarchy of Sybille and the robotic troops of the ISC that will be shown in November...

Deck
Eack faction will be sold with a deck of strategic and mission cards, reflecting it's goals and specific skills

Rules
A french version will be available in the starter boxes, and an English one available by download on the site.
If we are in fund, I'll try to get some samples printed in english as well
More details about the rules will be revealed in November

Closer pictures of both Jokers and Mutant can be seen on the Blog

Those who understand French will find there a good source of infos about the universe, factions and game news.

Cheers
Benoit

Offline taban

• Student
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:38:47 PM »
Our Post Apocalyptic skirmishes game : Eden is ready and we be launched the 7th of December !

:)

Find more details about the rules and factions on www.taban-miniatures.com

(Presented here is the Matriarchy of Sybille, third faction of the game)

Eden will be sold in starter boxes and individual blisters.

English rules and game cards are being printed in English right now, so we can start packing for our foreign custmors next week !
(Pre-orders will start next week on the online-store)

The starter boxes will come with 3 to 6 miniatures and many playing cards, profile, strategic deck, missions etc...

Feedbacks from both players and shop keepers who have shared our demonstration games here in France have been really positive and Eden could be among our national block-busters this Xmas !

Feel free to contact us if you want more details !

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 06:48:48 AM »
They look good, but 32mm is to big for the other post apoc mini's I have, oh wel...

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
They look good, but 32mm is to big for the other post apoc mini's I have, oh wel...

I think I´ll get that "Mutant Shaman" figure anyway, when they are available as singles. That one could work with my Fallout stuff as a "priest errant", so to speak, or as the gaunt leader of a local nuke cult.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
I don't want any of these. That must be a first! ::)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 04:05:32 AM »
I like the Bamaka clan figures.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline taban

• Student
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 09:07:02 AM »
Hello there,

Just to inform you that pre-orders are open for the EDEN range.
Miniatures are available both in starter boxes and individually in blisters (for painters and proxi gamers)
All the overseas starters and blisters will include the gaming material (booklets and cards) printed in english :wink:
They are being shipped from our caster's plant and will reach our warehouse tomorrow or monday.
So any pre-order will be shipped between the 7th and the 10th of December.

We will have a reduced stock volume in December, and most of it is dedicated to the retailers, so pre-ordering could be a good idea to get these miniatures before Xmas....

Check www.taban-miniatures.com website for more details !

:wink:

At last, here is the last faction of the game : the ISC drones (the tallest ones are 60 and 70mm) !

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 09:36:01 AM »
Samurai Panzer Corps! OMG!  :o  :-*

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 10:21:43 AM »
At last, here is the last faction of the game : the ISC drones (the tallest ones are 60 and 70mm) !

Those look F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C  :o

I cant wait to see the rest of those guys.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »

Those look F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C  :o

I cant wait to see the rest of those guys.

WOW! I would have to adree. Those are quite spiffy indeed. Loving the simplistic paint schemes as well. Wish i could master the technique used on the metallics.  :-)

Grimm

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
I hate Samurai style sci fi minis, but I understand why the modern market likes them.

I like the other miniatures, seems much more farfetched than my Post apoc game... :)

Offline The Worker

• Bookworm
  • In the streets of London, sinister deeds are afoot
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »
The Matriarchy of Sybille will fit in nicely with either Gangs of Mega-City One or Necromunda (House Escher), depending...

Sorely tempted by them frankly.