Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689614
  • Total Topics: 118287
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Return to Rynn's World  (Read 8036 times)

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
Re: Return to Rynn's World
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »
Nice!

you've been busy
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 05:43:23 PM »
Yeah, this project has been going on since May.  I'm hoping to have it wrapped up by this May and run a game with them sometime this summer.

I just finished some more Burna Boyz and Lootas.  The Lootas will need two more models to be complete but I think the Burna Boyz are done until I do the test game at least. 

So there are nine Burna Boyz now. 

I haven't read the rules for them in a while but I think they can use their weapons as flamers or as a close up cutting torch in melee.  They will probably be one of the most effective units against the Crimson Fists in the early fighting and the Fists will definitely have to watch the civilians and keep them away from the flames.

I like these models, they are very brutal and orky.  I kind of wish the flame throwers would go together in different ways so you could build more varied models but the fact that the whole ork range is compatible with itself goes a long way to adding variety.

The Lootas are cool because their weapons do variable things in past editions of the rules.  I'm not exactly sure what they do now so I'll have to check on that, but they are going to provide fire support for the rest of the force.   

There is one more of them to do as well as a mekanik to lead them.  The last one is underway and the mekanik is sprayed and on a stick ready to be painted. He will have a big shoota rather than a kustom blasta. 

This brings the force up to 80 Bad Moon models and about 30 Goff models plus a couple of Blood Axes.  I have some more Goff nobz ready to be painted as well as the two guys to finish this unit off but the big next project will be the Bad Moon Warboss who is going to be a Big Mek with a shokk attack gun.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2021, 05:27:12 PM »
Their Warboss is done so it is time for another group shot of the Bad Moons.

That is all of the Bad Moons so far.  As seen previously I do have some Goffs.  I'm working on some Blood Axe commandos next.  I only have 5 of them and it seems likely that is all I'm going to get for a while until I figure out how to source more varied ones.

One bad aspect to the finecast (okay another bad aspect) is that these things are sold as boxes so if I want a unit of 10 Kommandos I have to buy three boxes of 5 and have 2 Nobz left over. 

Here is the Warboss, a big mek with a shokk attack gun. 

This is my favourite Ork concept and this model is a pretty skillfully executed version of it.  The gun takes these little greenskins called snotlings and teleports them into the enemy.  Basically you shoot creatures into the enemy.  The first version had a little hopper on top that you would poor snotlings into and you actually had bases of snotlings to keep around the mek as ammo for the weapon. Each time you fired, away went a base of snotlings.  It was brilliant.

This version doesn't have the hopper.  Instead it employs a vacuum device to suction up the little snotlings that are around the meks feet.  Eventually I'll get bases of snotlings again for this guy but they might go into battle before that happens.  We'll see.  I may have to get some of the Foundry Orclings for this. 

I'm not sure how they work in the current edition of the rules.  They used to have a table where all kinds of horrible things could happen to the enemy from them crashing a vehicle because of the frenzied snotlings getting into the gears to the snotlings just being killed and it stopping the unit for a turn.  As with all 2nd edition Ork weapons it was a total crap shoot.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2021, 04:46:07 AM »
It has been a while since I painted any Orks but the new Kill Team set got me jazzed up to do some more. 

I finally finished 3 of my 5 Ork commandos that I got in December.

I obviously had to get these guys done before I get my hands on Octarius, otherwise they will probably never be finished.  Just the leader of them left now and the squad of 5 will be finished.

The Beastsnaggas boxed set came out a little while back and though I said I wasn't going to paint them for a while I did get a little excited and did 5 of them.

I did 3 as Goffs and 2 as Bad Moons.  I'm not making separate units of them, just mixing them into existing units where they will be slightly bigger than the regular guys.

Then there was the painboy.  This guy I started a long time ago and only just got around to finishing.

I really like this model, it was a bit of a pita to paint but has a lot of cool little details on him and is very characterful.

And what would doing a batch of Orks be worth if you didn't do a small set of grots with them.

Fun little old-school metal grots to join the pile.  Next up is Zagrod to lead the lot of them into the teeth of death for the Arch Arsonist. 

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 04:47:43 AM by Pictors Studio »

Offline scotty

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2021, 03:02:21 PM »
Superb collection

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »
Indeed.  All ready to light some jadeberry trees on fire for the Arch-Arsonist.  :)

Need to finish up my own unpainted ork stuff.  Some of it's been sitting on the sprue for years.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2021, 11:25:10 PM »
Waaaaagh!

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2021, 02:15:26 AM »
I managed to finish my Battlewagon.  I also have some Tankbustas and commandoes that need pictures posted. 

The game is this upcoming weekend on Orktober 30th.  We'll have piles and piles of Orks to take on the squad of Space Marines.

I still have 1 more Deffkopta to do and a Stompa before Saturday and hopefully I also get to another half dozen Beastsnaggas. 

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »
Battlewagon evokes just a bit of Afrika Korps with that color scheme.

Nice looking pile of greenskins, good to see someone else's for a change.  My orks have pretty much turned into a forever project for me, every time I think I'm done something else catches my fancy.

What rules set are you using for the October 30th game?

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
We did a little test play of it last night using 3.5 rules.

Here are some pictures from the game:

We played about 4 turns just to see how it would work.  The Orks recycle for the regular units but not the Stompa.  The Space Marines lost one guy during those 4 turns, but several marines were injured.  The Orks lost about 6 units and the Dread. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2021, 07:23:01 PM »
We played the actual game yesterday on Warhammer day. 

It went pretty well.  The game went how I envisioned the art from the Rogue Trader book playing out.  A massive horde of aliens were approaching these cut-off and out numbered marines.

These guys didn't all cluster up, back-to-back as the art, but they did die a couple of marines a turn until they were all wiped out on turn five.

After killing piles and piles of Orks,  of course. 

They killed the dread, the battlewagon, a unit of Meganobz, a unit of lootas, a unit of burnaboys, a unit of deff koptas and three units of regular ork boys.

The Stompa killed a marine in close combat.  The others died from slow attrition after being shot or assaulted by many, many orks. 

Here was the last marine to die standing in the midst of a horde of greenskins. 

This was the start of the game.

The marines scattered right away.  With the ordinance coming down from the Stompa and the Shok Attack gun, they didn't want to be too close to each other. 

The Orks stomp up with the Deff Dread, confident that it will be able to inflict some damage, while more lootas come on from the Fist's flank after the first unit of them was wiped out.

The first marine to engage the enemy at close quarters is quickly surrounded.

He manages to extricate himself from that situation and only has to face the dread.

He wards off the attacks from the hulking machine before plunging his combat knife through an opening in the machine's armour and right into the Ork piloting it.

The marines continue to fall back with the menacing xenos hot on their trail.

Sergeant Cabrera moves to rescue one of the battle brothers from the greenskin tide.  Between them they slaughter many of the foul aliens and set the rest to flight.

Meanwhile the Orks bring their Deff Koptas around to cut off any retreat.

After dealing with the Orks, the Astartes turn on the vehicle that brought them to the battlefield.  They quickly barge aboard and slaughter all the crew, leaving some krak grenades behind to render the machine inoperable.

Eventually even those heroes succumb to their injuries and only one battle brother is left standing.

Surrounded by the screeching green Gretchin dragging at his armour the marine makes a final standing, selling his life dearly, but still losing it.