Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Elbow's Scrapheap (Notcromunda) Project  (Read 26889 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbow's Scrapheap (Notcromunda) Project
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2022, 09:35:00 PM »
I will actually be adding some of those.  However, my "main" table is still exterior stuff - covered in walkways, bridges, buildings, etc.  The new stuff will be used to represent larger structures, etc.  Occasionally we treat the second level as tunnels or walkways ---- meaning you can't interact with the ground floor from above.  This gives it more functional interest.

As it stands right now it also slots into one big plastic bin, making it a nice little "travel" option.  I prefer bigger tables with crazier terrain, but this will be a cool way to run smaller games simply.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2022, 03:02:50 AM »
Interesting setup.
Are there cap pieces that can be placed over the pillars to add railings or somesuch and cover the "X's”?

It looks supremely useful, modular and well designed but as with the GW equivalent, it's stock assistance just doesn't read "Necromunda" to me.  I still think of lots of elevated bridge walkways and towers as being quintessential Necromunda
 Will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2022, 05:04:16 AM »
I don't believe there are covers for the X's, as I don't think you're intended to use the top of the wall as a real walkway - though I have some TT Combat stuff planned that might work with it.  While I'm kinda/sorta doing Necromunda themed stuff, the game itself features a number of "locations", so it's more of a generic post-apocalyptic gang setting.

I'll mostly use this set up for the 'Abandoned Tunnels' location or for scenarios based around the inside of a building, etc.  Other locations include The Rad Wastes, The Bustling Bazaar, The Pile Slums, the Trader's Port and The Crawler, etc.

In theory our games are based around the idea of the greater 40K universe I guess.  So it could also be used to represent the inside of a Rogue Trader's ship or something silly.

My "normal" Necromunda tables are more akin to this:

So between this, the new TT Combat stuff, my buddy's nice table, and his new Ash Wastes styled terrain (which I don't believe I have pictures of), we have a lot of varied environments over which to shoot at each other.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2022, 07:08:24 AM »
You have quite a few tables worth of nice terrain there Elbows with good versatility.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2022, 03:34:25 PM »
Yeah, if anything I'm in need of selling off some terrain.  I have a whole new Old West town to do, and it's been sitting on a shelf for...six months?  lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2022, 11:47:20 PM »
Finally got around to doing some more Pendoshi pirate fellas.  I also re-based and colour-modified an old Imperial Missionary I had sitting around - a model that I adore, and wanted to get some more use out of!

There's been more "behind the scenes" crap going on, but not a whole lot of hobby progress to post about here.  I'm to the "boring" part of actually putting the rulebook and stuff together...which is dreadfully lame.

In associated news, I made a large order from TT Combat which should "finish" my interior table for Scrapheap.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2022, 01:26:42 AM »
Great work as always mate!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »
Some nice figures there. I especially like the chaps in the Admech helmets. And the missionary: what a great figure.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2022, 09:58:14 PM »
Picked up some aftermarket Servitors, painted up two of the three (don't like the third sculpt that much).  Also a quick snap of the current magnetized bin where all this stuff is headed.  It's missing a bunch of the Chaos cultists.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2022, 10:31:09 PM »
Stunning looking bases that top shot really shows them off.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2022, 10:35:20 PM »
I prefer the Necromunda ones, so I just picked up a mixed box of them.  The Star Wars Legion ones are useful (and I found them locally for cheap), but they're harder to magnetize, and not quite as intricate. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2022, 12:21:28 AM »
Added a few GW pipes to my terrain, to help with scatter.  Really useful.  Painted to match the TT Combat stuff (which is getting reinforced this week, thankfully)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2022, 02:29:07 AM »
Pipes II: The Pipening

I managed to double my pipe collection.  Should be all I need for most games.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2022, 09:07:52 PM »
Also painted up a couple of cheap folding bridges I got from a Toy Soldier website.  Since they fold, they should be fun to interact with terminals during the game, opening/closing them, etc.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2022, 07:36:04 AM »
What a fantastic thread! I'd somehow missed this entirely. Great painting and kitbashing, and the atmosphere's so thick that you could cut it with a rusty chainsword!