Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690924
  • Total Topics: 118358
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: La Revolution figure finder help  (Read 584 times)

Offline bustapc

• Assistant
La Revolution figure finder help
« on: November 05, 2021, 03:52:07 PM »
Catching up on shows I've missed and just started La Revolution on Netflix. Love the look of the witch hunter looking guys and was wondering what miniature ranges had similar figures (tricorns and greatcoats I guess?). Also just general French Revolution looking characters - peasants,  aristocrats,  etc. Thanks!

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: La Revolution figure finder help
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
Trent Miniatures do Revolutionary War figures.
Look at their Irish & Vendee ranges too.

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 04:08:44 PM »
I second Trent, great minis.

Also, outpost have a nice Dick Turpin range that have some suitable types.

http://www.outpostwargameservices.co.uk/new_highwaymen.html

Cheers

Ry

Exodus 1:10 KJV
Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »
Foundry, Trent and Black hussar

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 06:14:36 PM »
I second Trent, great minis.

Also, outpost have a nice Dick Turpin range that have some suitable types.

http://www.outpostwargameservices.co.uk/new_highwaymen.html

Cheers

Ry

i also bougth those very figures from Outpost including the mounted guy in cape and the ladies very nice minis and very useful..my only query is, despite netfix or similar production which, as everything from today's medias and hollywood historical fiction, is aimed  at an ineducated millenial s audience, about the doubtful historical accuracy of those classical shaped tricornes...i do nt think that they were still  in use during the French Revolution period..maybe they were sported only by very few  old guys with very outdated outfits?  ;)

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 06:51:44 PM »
Italwars, you are most likely correct, I know so little of the period that I assumed 1730's attire might carry into the revolutionary era with little change.

Happy to be corrected and learn.

Cheers

Ry

Offline bustapc

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 06:56:27 PM »
Thanks for the great suggestions!  There's some good figures in those lines. I also don't know about the historical accuracy,  but for what I have planned accuracy could be described as loose at best  lol

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 08:03:14 PM »
Check also Eureka miniatures for the French Revolution, West Wind and Emperor Toad

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 09:25:46 PM »
Italwars, you are most likely correct, I know so little of the period that I assumed 1730's attire might carry into the revolutionary era with little change.

Happy to be corrected and learn.

Cheers

Ry

Really no to claim to correct you..far from that....the problem was that maybe  we experiment the same contrasting feels..we both  love the stance and look of those figures in capes and 16-early 18c.  tricornes but the historical accuracy could not coincide with our tastes...what to do?...probably my thick headed mind's  approach it's not the best one to deal with this game.. if i risk to avoid painting those lovely minis that i purchased with the same intentions you did which was the possible depiction of those castings  as iconic French Revolution's gentilshommes  maybe i'm loosing a fun opportunity ;) :)..what to do?  :) :)
A small research from French sources i made recently  confirmed my first toughts:
the classical "tricorne" was still in use toward the middle/end of the century..but even if sported in this painting by Voltaire it was in 1773..and, as said guys, we are talking about the great man  Voltaire..the top  philosophe not a time whaster gentilshomme or "incroyable" gaga :)  ;)...then we have a tendency toward a tricorn that is becoming a bicorne..the central point becoming smaller..with the beginning of our period 1789-1791 the tricorne or maybe bicorne  is now very fashionable among he "incroyables" of Paris and also referred as "coiffe à oreilles de chien" dog's ears shaped hat"...which is also the very one that this "nice and peaceful " gentleman named Robespierre is holding under his arm
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:58:16 PM by italwars »