Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Medieval/Fantasy Villagers & Townsfolk  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
[Kickstarter] Medieval/Fantasy Villagers & Townsfolk
« on: November 12, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »
I have been playing miniatures and role-playing games for over 40 years now. I love to immerse myself in the detail of the worlds that are created on the tabletop. The detail is important, to make the world real to provide a backdrop to your armies sweeping conquest or to populate the taverns and townscapes your heroes adventure in.

I was amazed a year ago to see Evocatus’ project on Kickstarter to digitally sculpt the most animated and believable villagers that I had ever seen. I immediately feel in love with the range but did not have a high end resin 3D printer. I thought, I bet there are a lot of other gamers like me who would love these miniatures but have not got a resin printer, or would just prefer packs of the miniatures, cast in metal, delivered ready to paint so I contacted the sculptor and agreed a collaboration to mould and cast this lovely range.

This campaign is Blackstone Heath: Village Folk Part Two and represents about two thirds of the range. If it is popular the remainder will follow is a third campaign next  year.

The Kickstarter is running for 14 days (until November 26th) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-villagers-part-2
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: [Kickstarter] Medieval/Fantasy Villagers & Townsfolk
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 12:58:23 PM »
What size/scale are they?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 01:21:23 PM »
Nice figures, but £30+ shipping from UK to EU is ridiculous.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 04:54:26 PM »
These are 28mm miniatures, compatible size with Otherworld, Frostgrave, Copplestone etc.

I agree 110% the cost of shipping from EU from UK since Brexit is ridiculous, more than ridiculous, it is criminal. We always ship at cost, never made a penny on postage, at the cheapest rate. We will liaise with EU customers and send products however they want them sent, however we recommend that they are sent duty paid by courier, as we have had normal post to the EU sit in German customs for 8 weeks, before being returned for no good reason. The cost to ship to Europe is you would like it to go Royal Mail International Tracked is only £12.70. Shipping is always for customer to decide what service / risk they would like.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 10:37:31 AM »
I'm really glad to be able to say that 'The Villagers' campaign funded in the first few hours and we are heading towards stretch goals and more free models for backers.

Today we're having a closer look at 'The Wedding'. These sample miniatures have been painted by the very talented Jon Atter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-villagers-part-2

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 01:02:42 PM »
Today's focus is 'The Celebration' a great pack to go in your taverns and Inns!

Party, party!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackstone/blackstone-heath-the-villagers-part-2

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 04:07:41 PM »
Today's pack we are showing is 'The Winemakers'
great for a wide range of historical and fantasy settings.

Kickstarter in last six days.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 04:48:52 PM »
Over the last few days I have painted up the Sewing & Poultry Yard set from 'The Villagers'

The Sewing set includes spinning wheel and work table together with five ladies sewing and spinning.

The Poultry Yard set includes four workers (one not shown) and five geese and chickens.

These are available as part of 'The Villagers' Kickstarter which runs until Friday morning.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 05:10:07 PM »