Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Yarkshire Gamer Talks to Military Miniature Magazine  (Read 618 times)

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
Yarkshire Gamer Talks to Military Miniature Magazine
« on: November 12, 2021, 03:08:52 PM »

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2021/11/yarkshire-gamer-podcast-episode-17.html

Back to the usual single guest format for this episode and I am very pleased to be speaking with Jason Weiser who is the Editor in Chief of a new, yes I said NEW Wargames Magazine, based in the USA.

As usual I speak to Jason about his own Wargames story in the first part of the Episode, before moving onto our usual Big Game Chat.

Then after Sean and Alex tried to destroy the Yarkshire Gamer Quiz in the last episode we get into further problems with translation and somehow manage to upset the State of Texas in the process !

The final section of the Episode (starts 1hr 14 mins in) is all about Military Miniature Magazine. How it started, how its going and what its plans are for the future.

I didn't realise that the US didn't have a currently in print Magazine for Wargaming at the moment and I wish Jason and the Magazine every success in the future.

I will be back in two weeks time speaking with Curt Campbell on the eve of yet another Analogue Hobbies Winter Paint Challenge.

Until, then Sithee,

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

"Glittering prizes and endless compromises,  shatter the illusion of integrity"
http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Yarkshire Gamer Talks to Military Miniature Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 12:56:52 PM »
Ken, thoroughly enjoyed this podcast! I even found an interview with Dr Chris Brown from SPIT Wargames in the "vault". Chris is a prolific, longtime poster of Fields of Fire for Vietnam wargamers. He posts over there as "uglyfatbloke" so you can see how his humor figures prominently.  lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:01:55 PM by Bravo Six »

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
Re: Yarkshire Gamer Talks to Military Miniature Magazine
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 10:58:53 PM »
Ken, thoroughly enjoyed this podcast! I even found an interview with Dr Chris Brown from SPIT Wargames in the "vault". Chris is a prolific, longtime poster of Fields of Fire for Vietnam wargamers. He posts over there as "uglyfatbloke" so you can see how his humor figures prominently.  lol

Many thanks, Chris was one of the first guests on the show, lovely guy, even donated a book as a prize on the episode.

Thanks for listening

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer