Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:29:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: DBA 3.0 Batrep Humans vs Orks  (Read 428 times)

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
DBA 3.0 Batrep Humans vs Orks
« on: November 17, 2021, 05:10:03 AM »
Hello All,

I set up a little DBA 3.0 game so the newly painted human minis would have a game. Spoiler, newly painted minis are always doomed.

The set-up is Orks vs Men. Save the pigs. Orks are pillaging pig farms around a human settlement. The local levy has been called out to stop them.

Ork:
x1 3Wb (Gen), x5 3Wb, x2 3Bw, x4 7Hd (Goblins)

Human:
x1 Sp (Gen), x7 Sp, x2 3Bw, x2 4Wb (militia)

For pure cinematic reasons I placed the goblins hordes in front of the ork warbands that were doubled up for the rear support bonus. The shooters on the right flank.

The hordes charged in and slammed into the line of spears. I just wanted to see what would happen. After two turns the hordes were slaughtered with no disruption to the spear line. “oh well” I said now it was time for the Warbands to get stuck in.

Initially all went well for the humans. The warbands were pushed, but not defeated, and the spears pressed ahead. The ork shooters on the right flank were destroyed allowing the human archers to move to the flank of the ork line. They were one turn away from closing the door and sweeping the warbands. The score was 2 – 0 human/ork and then it all fell apart.

At this point I assume the Ork War leader made a pork sacrifice to Mork or the Eye of Sauron gazed this way; either way the humans were cursed. The next command roll was horrible, only allowing pushing the line but preventing the door from closing. A Spear unit was lost (quick kill) #1. The warbands charged again. The human general was then cut down! The DREADED 6 – 1 combo placed the human general’s head on a pike. One more loss spear and it was curtains for the humans.

The result produced a mix emotional reaction. This is what people love and hate about DBA, right?!

It was not over until it was over; Never give up!
Frustrating command rolls that stole victory
Only a small portion of the army determined the outcome. The 2nd rank of spears could only watch.
Quick kills….GRRRRRR! Juts one bad dice set and BOOM!

These are all facts in DBA life, but I had to write it. The orks will have meat back on the menu in many ways.

Thanks

Setup: The pigs, save the pigs!

The Goblins charge in

Only to die

Things look so good at this point.

One final chance. The general is dead can the humans avenge their fallen leader and crush the orks.

Can you BELIEVE the orks won every combat in this shot!!??!!

Is it time to burn some dice?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 03:10:25 PM by LouieN »

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: DBA 3.0 Batrep Humans vs Orks
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 12:55:49 PM »
luvverly. :) I do dig some Fantasy DBA. Especially with an actual scenario and all.