Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689777
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Napoleonic Gothic Horror game coming from Osprey?  (Read 21127 times)

Offline Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
Re: Napoleonic Gothic Horror game coming from Osprey?
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2021, 10:01:53 PM »
I hope the minis will be sold individually

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2021, 11:35:12 PM »
I hope the minis will be sold individually

I would very much doubt that buddy

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2021, 08:09:36 AM »
Ash of GMG has a new video, this time solo play.

The fatigue mechanic brings potentially more tokens on the board than I am used to. Anyone have any suggestions for a cool way to track that?
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2021, 08:22:44 AM »
The fatigue mechanic brings potentially more tokens on the board than I am used to. Anyone have any suggestions for a cool way to track that?
Just putting them on unit card (which is in the back of the book)? We use this method with Star Wars Legion, it works for us. Downside is, that the state of the troops is not obvious at the first sight, you have to check the cards.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2021, 01:50:01 PM »

In a solo or co-op game putting the markers on the unit card might be okay, but I'd want to keep them on the table for competitive to make current status clear to my opponent.  If I understand the rules correctly there are only two levels max per fig (tired, then fatigued, right?) which suggests two approaches:

1) Take some markers (coins, washers, whatever is small enough) and spray paint each side a different color.  Maybe yellow for tired and orange for fatigued (leaving red for wounded), but anything that stands out on the table will work.  That way you'll only need one fatigue state marker per figure max.  Or use colored tiddly winks or craft beads or something if you want to save time/paint.

2) If you want something more visually appealing, pile skulls on the bases instead - one skull tired, two skulls fatigued, maybe a blood red skull for wounded.  The ones GW sells in sets of ~300 ought to fit nicely without falling off when you move the fig if you're careful.  If you go this route maybe sculpt a depression (or two, or three) into the basing material you use to help hold them in place.

Watching the vid, the solo game seems to have a better number of monsters but that's predictable since they're the only opposition.  The reload rates do seem a bit faster than I care for but I'd want to see more before tinkering with teh mechanics.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 01:58:40 PM by Chief Lackey Rich »

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2021, 03:05:41 PM »
We made fatigue markers for Saga, skull beads that could stack on a pin posted onto a 25mm base. That could do double duty but I also like your idea of a reversible token.

The reloading definitely felt too fast for me but the fatigue mechanic seemed to interestingly slow down melee. If I  understand correctly, ot could mean a character might actually chose not to counterattack in order to avoid fatigue. I like adding choices like that rather than having a counter attack an obvious must.

For objective markers I am thinking the murder of crows models from Zombicide.

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2021, 04:20:22 PM »
Here's a coöp play through vid of the first solo scenario.  The wolfpack scenario is definitely much higher risk than a lone hobgoblin.

Interesting chioce to go with 1 Officer and a smaller points force for each player.  Most of the vid is basic play through mechanics; it's the forces set-up what's the most interesting part.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2021, 06:25:27 PM »
Here's a coöp play through vid of the first solo scenario. 

Second solo game is up as well.