Forum > Railway Wargaming

Company B trains resculpted and a Mexico Railways turn of the century Engine

(1/9) > >>

CompanyB:
During the Covid lockdown, no work and plenty of free time allowed me to completely resculpt the old train models I did 10 years ago.  All zbrush.

I’ve redone almost every model, and new sets are all 3D printed with new metal details and parts.  I’ve partnered with Bob Murch on train engineers, hobos and crews :)

Since I’m bored most of the day I’ve made almost a dozen additional cars. Some may be just digital downloads, though I’m not sure yet.

Sandbagged AA gondola cars
Opened box cars
Coal cars
Transport cars with cages and water tanks for lions, giraffe, deep ones (Blame Bob Murch for these and his insidious ideas)
Coach cars (open and closed)
Steam Crane
Steam Shovel

More to come!

voltan:
You have been busy, can I ask what track you've got them on? Just curious.

marianas_gamer:
I have been waiting a long time for these!

trev:
Those are rather good.  I'm interested to know the track size too.  O gauge would be great but they look too narrow from the photos.  If they're 3d printer files I guess they could be scaled up but I'm pretty clueless on the tech.

CompanyB:
Track is S gauge.  But as these are all 3D printed to order you could request any gauge.  The metal wheels and trucks are separate, so youd just need different axle lengths.  I purposefully made the axles the same size as brass rod you can commonly buy.

I am doing some ww2 eta flat and box cars that will be more attuned to O scale to fit our ww2 flak guns, etc.  I’ve been wanting to recreate a rail yard, for weird war - 1/48 so these will be scaled up for that.

More pictures:

For pulp fans I do have an Ark with removable lid.  We’re getting some wooden crates to put it in lasercut.  All sorts of load options coming…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version