Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2021, 03:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 9360
  • Latest: Nalwood
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1540055
  • Total Topics: 107655
  • Online Today: 300
  • Online Ever: 1675
  • (December 28, 2020, 04:48:59 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A small detail about the siberian uniform during the russian civil war  (Read 335 times)

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Assistant
Hello ! Iíve read that the admiral Kolchak had bought some chinese blue uniforms for his soldiers but I didnít find any photo of Kolchak siberian troops wearing this uniform. Is that true ? Does anyone have information about it ? Thank you.

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
Re: A small detail about the siberian uniform during the russian civil war
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 02:56:25 PM »
excellent thanks - have some figures I wanted to paint dark blue for late BU Chinese  - now I can and can use them BoB! That website really is a great resource - keep finding more - had looked at Kolchek but missed this.
Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 01:56:48 PM »
Thanks! That is exactly the information I need to add variousness for my kolchak army  :)

Offline trev

• Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 01:58:10 PM »
Thanks! That is exactly the information I need to add variousness for my kolchak army  :)

I'd love to see pictures of your army.  Are you doing particular regiments?

These are my Siberians here:
https://thebitsbox.blogspot.com/search/label/Siberian%20Army

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 02:45:28 PM »
After having a look at your blog and its great photos, I see we have the same taste for RWC miniatures ;)

I'm doing, with more or less accuracy, the Orenburg Cossacks infantery and the Siberian army infantery, with some vehicles. I'm planning to add to them some soldiers in british uniforms and maybe in chinese ones too to reflect the variousness of Kolchak equipment. If I ever have the time, the 'yellow' Semionov's Cossacks of Transbaikalia also interest me. In this civil war, reflecting the difficulty of the time, all sort of uniform can be find, even in a single regiment. For our time, it's very fun to paint!

I'm not very good in taking photos but if I find some correct ones, I will post them  :)

Offline trev

• Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 05:38:23 PM »
That sounds great.  I'd love to see your progress or a battle report.  I did Orenburg Cossacks mostly because they had blue facings and I didn't want any Red in my White Army for theming reasons.

I think there's lots of good info in that Kolchakiya site including details on regiments in British Uniforms and Semenov's forces too IIRC.  Photos show great variety but it's nice to include details when we can.  How you spell the ataman's name is harder to be sure of.  ;D  I'm following Jamie Bisher's spelling in his White Terror: Cossack warlords of the Trans-Siberian.  Pretty good background reading in English.  The OMO would have lots of Japanese kit for even greater variety.