Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) Armoured platoon WIP pg2.  (Read 3879 times)

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
(Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) Armoured platoon WIP pg2.
« on: November 28, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »
Having got into Konflikt 47 after getting a couple of starter armies dirt cheap on eBay and then some more bits from the warlord shop, I had a coupon, with a few bits from other manufacturers I figured that I'd better get on with it. Having already painted a Cromwell for the 10th Mounted rifles it made sense to make my commonwealth force Polish. So here's the fluff that's kinda worked out to give a framework to what I do.

The Polish armed forces realised that they were facing a similar manpower crises as the rest of the allied forces with the added problem that their recruitment sources were even more limited. To help overcome this the 1st polish corps has adopted the Canadian pattern for their infantry battalions in the 1st Polish armoured and 4th polish divisions, using female pilots for the walker platoons as well as the replacement of a platoon with automated infantry. To help increase the manpower in the infantry platoons the 1st Polish independent parachute brigade lends squads to each platoon on a rotational basis as well as occasionally relieving a full platoon to allow for rest and recuperation, this has the advantage of keeping the paratroopers combat ready and prevents resentment from line units about the time they spend in the firing line.
      The 10th armoured brigade is scheduled to be upgraded to comets as production allows along with the addition of walker squadrons, till then they soldier on with their Shermans. With the future transfer of the 2nd Polish corps from Italy (minus one division who will stay to support the Italian forces.) it is proposed to create the 1st Polish army under 21st army group.

And with all that rubbish out of the way it's on with some pictures.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 06:11:54 PM by voltan »
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: (Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) 1st Polish armoured division
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 06:52:56 PM »
This is the Guardian light walker Smok of the 10th Dragoons, piloted by sgt Marta. She doesn't have a surname as I couldn't cope with painting that much on the shoulder. ;) The positioning of the markings is pretty well made up and done on a looks sensible basis.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 07:00:30 PM »
Having no access to the US Paragon programme 1st Polish corps has created a unit called the Immortal battalion from the hardiest soldiers they could find to combat the Germans terror troops, often using older looking equipment and always remaining covered up has caused numerous rumours about the units origins to spread through the local allied forces, but their effectiveness has meant these rumours are more often positive for morale that not.
And that's the excuse for shoehorning in these figures from Artizan that I bought because I liked the look of them, along with a few bits for the Germans.
This is it for now, I've got some other bits on the go that I'll add as they get finished. Whenever that is.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »
Great looking unit  :)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 07:47:11 PM »
Cool ideas in concept and execution.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 08:06:54 PM »
Cheers chaps, I've got some automated infantry on the go that will hopefully be finished this week.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 05:40:17 PM »
The first 5 of my automated infantry, Albin, Borys, Chaim, Dariusz and Emil. Names were taken from a book about the 1st Polish that had 30 pages of space filler, I mean 30 pages of Medal recipients. Continuing to distract myself with this force I bought the Major Terntadust figure from warlord to paint up as a chaplain, hopefully that'll appear next, nut so many shiny distractions.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 09:38:41 PM »
Great stuff, bet you had fun putting those bloody robots together  lol lol

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021, 07:01:38 PM »
The first one was an utter nightmare but did make the others easier to do as you realise the best ways to build, it doesn't help that I've dropped and repaired Dariusz 3 times so far. With all that said I've got another 5 to build ;D that I accidently bought for a bloody good price.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 07:38:01 PM »
The first one was an utter nightmare but did make the others easier to do as you realise the best ways to build, it doesn't help that I've dropped and repaired Dariusz 3 times so far. With all that said I've got another 5 to build ;D that I accidently bought for a bloody good price.

I know exactly what you mean, I have a few still to build that I got cheap as well.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2021, 03:45:00 PM »
'Careful now.'

'Down with this sort of thing!'

With the horrors on the battlefield in 1947 the soldiers spiritual protection has become more important than ever, some chaplains are more proactive than others at reducing the horrors the enemy send into battle.
And also a random senior officer that I painted at the same time and haven't thought of anything to say about.
Bases haven't been done as these are so newly finished they've not even been varnished yet.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: (Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) Chaplain added.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 12:24:24 PM »
 Warlord have a sale on at the moment which you can get 50% off a selection of items.Might come in handy to help expand your collection.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: (Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) Chaplain added.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »
Sorry, missed your reply, they didn't have anything I wanted on sale.  ;D

Anyway, alongside the PIAT the commonwealth forces have started using bazookas and I had a spare bazooka so my Polish now have a team. I know the loader looks like he's trying to stab a tank but it's the best I could do with the arms I grabbed.

Also trying out a new photo thingy, undecided, will have to have a proper play with it some time.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: (Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) Bazooka team.
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2022, 05:08:56 PM »
Nicely done  8)
I’ve found AT rifles to be useful, especially against light meks.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: (Voltan's Konflikt 47 thread) Bazooka team.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 05:18:50 PM »
That is nice, where'd you source the rifle from? it's on my list of things to do.