Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686506
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Judge Dredd Sugar Rush  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
Judge Dredd Sugar Rush
« on: November 29, 2021, 07:33:15 AM »
Had a test game of Judge Dredd using the introductory scenarios.
OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA" border="0
First up was Sugar Rush. Three punks trying to push the sweet stuff on passers by.
A Street Judge on patrol spots the gangers and runs in to apprehend them before they can escape.
One quick thinking punk takes off down the street, but the Judge takes a chief pusher with a leg shot. His buddy tries to take the judge down with his sawn-off stump gun, wounding her with scatter shot. But the judge's armour absorbed the worst of the hit. The punk tries to leg it down an alley, but takes a wrong turn and dies resisting arrest - one for the meat wagon.
We ran the follow up scenario, where the gang tries to get payback, ambushing a rookie judge and her mentor. The game proved quite intense- the rookie was incapacitated, but the lone senior judge took down the 5 ambushers..... but the PSU unit slipped up and forgot to take a photo record after the opening shot

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Judge Dredd Sugar Rush
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 08:08:40 AM »
Nice! Great figures and terrain. How do you find the rules? I still have the Judge Dredd box set from Warlord games that I haven't done anything with. Come close to selling it but keep clinging on for "one day"

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 09:07:04 AM »
 Nice looking table and figures.I like how Dr.Who is watching the scene unfold.

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »
Nice! Great figures and terrain. How do you find the rules? I still have the Judge Dredd box set from Warlord games that I haven't done anything with. Come close to selling it but keep clinging on for "one day"

They took a bit of trial and error to sort them out, but the rules worked well. They really give the feel of heroic judges (or supervillains) being able to potential take on a greater number of opponents and still win the day. The rules seem to cover every gaming potential, without becoming too bogged down in special extra rules. The game really needs a quick reference sheet. Referring  back to the rule book for hit modifiers, wound effect tables and special weapon rules, really slows it down. Having said that, after 2 games I can already remember the basics. It is a great improvement on the earlier ruleset that Warlord released. There seems to be some downloadable solo play rules for it, but I haven't tried them.

Offline craigjonwoodfield

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 12:50:32 AM »

It's based on the Strontium Dog game, which is the best Sci-Fi skirmish game I have ever played. Unfortunately, and I put it down to a a lack of play testing, the JD version has a lot of flaws. Too much imbalance between the characters, very easy (and without trying to be cheesey) to build a very powerful 'horde' force. And some of the character stats were written by somebody who never read the comics.

It has potential, but needs work, and my gaming buddies gave up on it.

Great looking game though, Freelancer.