Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690649
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help With Osprey Resources  (Read 1117 times)

Online Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
Help With Osprey Resources
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:33:40 PM »
For the past few weeks I haven't had any luck accessing most of the documents on the Osprey Resources page: https://ospreypublishing.com/gaming-resources-OWG

I used to be able to view all of these documents, but now most of them say something along the lines of "403. That’s an error." or "You Need Access". The former indicates the document is gone and the latter doesn't do anything when I request access. It's also super odd, that _some_ of the documents are there (like the Ronin Counter Sheet) where as other documents for the same game no longer seem to exist. Or nothing exists for Lion Rampant but all the docs are still there for Rebels and Patriots.

Apparently, I failed to download these all previously. It's bumming me out.

So, does anyone have the documents on hand for:
Dragon Rampant
Lion Rampant
Pikeman's Lament
Ronin
En Garde
Broken Legions

Thanks!

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: Help With Osprey Resources
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 11:34:52 PM »
Hmm.  I just went there and clicked a few at random.  They loaded for me.
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Online Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 12:11:22 AM »
Hmm.  I just went there and clicked a few at random.  They loaded for me.

Huh... maybe I'm having a cache issue or some technogremlin is in my system...

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 02:00:52 AM »
Check if your operating system needs updating?  Or can be updated.  I started getting odd responses like that over a period of many months and finally, courtesy of an eventual (after a lot of vim and vinegar on my part towards the big G before the message, too freaking long!) google message that the problem with accessing my blog was an outdated operating system.  When I tried to update, discovered I no longer could.  Problem persists to this day - but I have a new computer on order and hope to take delivery this month.  What is weird is what sites are affected and what sites are not - no apparent rhyme or reason.

Of course, our lovely friend COVID delayed the new system in multiple dimensions.  But at least I will be getting a very up-to-date and powerful new system - and bloody expensive.  If this one isn't in full operation ten years out, I may never buy another computer again.  I will not tolerate anymore of this 'planned obsolescence' bull shit in the guise of needing to keep upgrading operating systems.  The bloated crap they call software these days could very easily be 1,000 percent more efficient if people used efficient coding.  And, yes, I have a smattering of coding experience back in the days when machine language made things so much smaller and thus more efficient.  Hard to learn (and I learned used punched cards!) but better than a thousand lines of code versus ten.  Okay, jumping off of soap box now.  >:D

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 05:55:37 AM »
JH, I had a go after you raised it and also received unhelpful responses from a few of the links, ranging from “permission required” to 403. These were all with me signed into Google using Safari on an upto date iPhone. R&P downloaded fine. 
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 08:29:29 AM »
I am getting the 'you need access error' from Google Drive which means that Osprey need to change the sharing settings by publishing them rather than sharing as google Drive sharing usually is used with small numbers who will work on the document.  Probably worth sending them an email to make sure they understand the issue.

I submitted a support query on Osprey's website about this so I'll wait and see if I get a response.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 08:37:36 AM by Hummster »

Online Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 02:40:26 PM »
Thanks, fellas, for following up and checking as well!
I'll also send Osprey a note.

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 10:27:48 PM »
Not sure if they are up to date but Dragon Rampant's QRS and Roster sheet are downloadable from Boardgamegeek as Osprey still haven't fixed the problem.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/181807/dragon-rampant-fantasy-wargaming-rules/files

And Lion Rampant has a QRS with detailed Wars of the Roses troop listings.

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 10:44:02 PM »