Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2022, 08:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Black Legion Chaos Marines (alternate paint scheme) - Obliterators 27/05  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Very cool; the subdued scheme works really well, although I find the pictures a bit dark; while atmospheric, we're probably missing some of the more subtle painting work right now...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
Very cool; the subdued scheme works really well, although I find the pictures a bit dark; while atmospheric, we're probably missing some of the more subtle painting work right now...

Cheers, I did actually play with the lighting but if they go any brighter they look really blown out.  This whole army is as dark as shadow to the eye (the opposite of my 2nd Ed Black Legion) so the pictures do a reasonable job of getting this across - albeit with my limited photography skills.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
I like them a lot Giger, nice work.

I've never really been into chaos in 40K, I always saw it as a late edition, an unnecessary after thought on the part of GW, but the latest chaos marine plastics are pretty tastey.

Are they stupidly oversized like the Primaris stuff?

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
I like them a lot Giger, nice work.

I've never really been into chaos in 40K, I always saw it as a late edition, an unnecessary after thought on the part of GW, but the latest chaos marine plastics are pretty tastey.

Are they stupidly oversized like the Primaris stuff?

Ta, they are beefy lads but not quite as big as the Primaris.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
...I've never really been into chaos in 40K, I always saw it as a late edition, an unnecessary after thought on the part of GW...
In actuality though, Chaos has been a staple of 40K since Rogue Trader. In fact; it's been a major part of the narrative of the Imperium since its inception, and the oldest Chaos marine miniatures were cast as far back as 1988 (even though they were still known as Chaos Renegades back then)...

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
really effective 'look'. Great painting and photography.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
Cheers

Next up are a pair of Obliterators.  It was nice to get something completed in a short space of time and I like the fleshy bio-mech look to them.

More waffle from me over on my blog:

https://cruciumgiger.blogspot.com/2022/05/warhammer-40k-obliterators.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:22:49 AM by Giger »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
In actuality though, Chaos has been a staple of 40K since Rogue Trader. In fact; it's been a major part of the narrative of the Imperium since its inception, and the oldest Chaos marine miniatures were cast as far back as 1988 (even though they were still known as Chaos Renegades back then)...

Yeah, I'm aware of this. I can remember when that first renegade appeared on the cover of White Dwarf 99, followed by the initial release of that mini, but it was an after thought. There was no chaos faction as such in rogue trader. There were the dangers of the immaterium, enslavers and warp entities, but even in Chater Approved there's still no Chaos renegade faction.

I liked it better that way, though it could just be nostalgia.

Still, as said, seeing Giger's pj's on these newer plastics is making me reconsider. I definately find them more appealing than the Primarus range.
The Obliteraters look real good, looking forward to whatever's next.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 05:44:49 PM by hubbabubba »