Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689606
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Gamefound) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Board Game  (Read 1439 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
(Gamefound) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Board Game
« on: June 14, 2023, 09:31:23 AM »
Gamefound rather than KS, though not sure that it matters

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Board Game is a 1-4 player fully co-operative, story based “zone” crawler. It is set in alternative version of Chornobyl Nuclear Plant Exclusion zone, full of anomalies, relicts, mutants, emissions and dark secrets. Chose your asymmetric stalker, customise your gear and prepare for exploration - remember, every bullet cost you money!

Every mission will offer a different approach - either sneak in, or go in guns blazing. Both systems are integrated seamlessly, into a highly tactical experience that will leave you on the edge of your seat. But you always have to remember, that Zone is full of surprises - toxic radioactive rain, upcoming emission, anomalies or bands of mutants roaming around can cross your plans. Luckily, it also affects bandits and gangs - they can be attacked but mutants just as much as you!

Prepare for an amazing, grimdark adventure with a lot of hard story decisions to make. You can play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. either in campaign mode or Zone Survival mode, one-off session full of surprises and unscripted adventures. Campaign mode is divided into 3 separate chapters, each 10-12 hours, making it very easy to bring to the table and complete - while telling a great story of mysterious transmission that just started broadcasting around the whole Zone.

Not sure when it started, or how long the campaign has to run, but delivery seems to be Jan 25 for it all at once, or a split wave of April 24 and Jan 25.

$95 for the basic game (excluding VAT). Shipping doesn't look too bad, for once (although more for the split wave)

https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/stalker-the-boardgame?ref=search

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: (Gamefound) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Board Game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 11:01:57 AM »
Why oh why did I have to see this now?  ::)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is one of my favourite PC-game franchises ever, right up there with Deus Ex, actually. Years ago there was this obscure, limited boardgame that I was never able to get my hands on, but which did have some stalkers and specific monsters as miniatures as well. But this set me on the idea that I would want to miniature game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe some day.

Then came Zona Alpha, which is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in all but name of course, and I started collecting terrain, miniatures etc, but other, more pressing projects took precedent and it never took off.

And just this weekend I splurged big time on a HUGE lot of old Warzone miniatures and boxed sets. But had I known about this board game, I might have been a lot more frugal. Because it looks very promising.

I love the way they have arranged for the easy storage of gear during campaign games; more publishers should do this. The renders look right on point too, and the whole cooperative play speaks to me as well.

So now I have to consider getting into this . What a time to be alive...  lol
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline James Mahdeep Bond V

• Bookworm
Re: (Gamefound) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Board Game
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 01:06:46 PM »
Figures are awesome. The smoke and mirrors are well done. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. converted into a 2x2' board. One consumable campaign? wow