Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Review: Fallout Wasteland Warfare BoS Frontline Knights miniatures  (Read 630 times)

Offline Brandubh

• Bookworm
I'm going to start off this review pretty much as I see it ending: $35USD for these four sub-par miniatures would almost make GW blush.

I really wanted to like these minis. I was looking forward to getting these minis. Yeah, about that...

The material: 
For some reason I was expecting the "resin" miniatures to be more solid and less reminiscent of the cheap D&D flex minis, you know, the ones you buy sight unseen in a 'booster' box?  Or maybe first edition Reaper Bones.

Execution:
The connecting points to the sprues are large and cumbersome, and only the ease at which one can carve this material gives this any kind of an excuse.

The connecting areas for all the minis are small/shallow with difficult to align issues with the arms. One of the Knight Patrol minis was a real pain in particular,aligning the arms to the weapon.

For some reason even superglue doesn't like the minis much.

The right pauldron (shoulder armor) on the T60 armor mini was a solid piece... WTH?  Lots of carving here to get it to look even halfway decent, and yet again, aligning the arms with the weapon/hands was a major pain. 

There is no way to modify the stance of the minis, what you see is what you get.

Final Appearance:  They look like they're supposed to. More or less.  Some putty work looks to be in order, but I am honestly unsure how well the putty is going to adhere to the plastic.

End comments:
I love Fallout.  Enough to bring them into This is Not a Test.  I am not a fan by any means of the materials or quality of the minis.
Barely (if at all) worth $24USD, NOT worth $35USD.   

Your opinion and mileage may vary.

Brandubh