Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:49:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690762
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help Finding Young Cleric?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline deadjoe

• Lurker
Help Finding Young Cleric?
« on: December 10, 2021, 04:46:19 PM »
Hello everybody.

I was wondering if anybody could help me to find a 28mm young squire/cleric for an RPG? Specifically about 10-12 years old.
So far every "child" I've seen is too munchkiny, but the adults are too tall. I tried looking at 25mm, but didn't see the right fit yet. I would probably swap to a regular plastic head (which I do on a lot of "character" miniatures anyhow).

Looking for something similar to this, but a bit younger even. With a Joan of Arc/pageboy haircut and mace, if possible, but I don't mind swapping out the mace if I have to.
The character is male, but if they are this young it doesn't matter that much, as long as it isn't overly sexualized.
Something like Timothée Chalamet in The King would be great, too.

Thanks a bunch! Take care.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 03:39:47 AM by deadjoe »

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Help Finding Young Cleric?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 05:06:14 PM »
Hasslefree has a set of 3 kids. The boy on the left might work. See the link below:

https://hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=village-kiddies~hfv008&category=fantasy-%26%0D%0Asteampunk~fantasy-humans

Regards,
Hitman
😎
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 05:55:36 PM »
How about using figures from an older 25mm range, these should be noticably shorter than a 28mm figue.  Otherwise, 20mm plastics? http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ShowFeature.aspx?id=39

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 06:04:57 PM »
Two suggestions: old Ral Partha stuff and 1/72 plastics.

Are you in the UK? If so, Ral Partha Europe has some of the old Ral Partha adventurers. These vary a bit in scale: the oldest ones are even smaller than true 25mm as they're 25mm to the top of the head rather than the eyes. Those would be bang on for 12-year-olds in 28mm.I think those very smallest ones are flagged up as such in the descriptions (e.g. the robed cleric at the top of the page), but most of them will be small by the standards of modern 28s. If you're in the US, there's a much bigger choice from Iron Wind/Ral Partha legacy. In either case, have a look at eBay for Ral Partha knights, clerics and adventurers - or just Ral Partha. You might find some old Grenadier adventurers (25mm with big heads) that might work well too.

With 1/72, you can get plenty of knights or men at arms that will look child-sized next to 28s. Your best source is to scour the Medieval section of Plastic Soldier Review (an almost hypnotic website, as many here will attest).

The Italieri Hundred Years War set gives you a great cleric on foot and (pony-)mounted (first figure of second row and first of fourth - although look at first in the third row for a very close match, barring the sword!).

The only problem is that for 1/72, you generally have to buy a whole box - but that will only set you back eight quid or so, and you might find a use for the others (elf soldiers in D&D, perhaps - I think they're meant to be 5' or so and slight).

There might be other things that work elsewhere in that Plastic Soldier link. Strelets figures are uglier and squatter, but that might work them well enough as 28mm children. Have a look at the bottom two lines of photos here.

Hope that's some help!

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »
There's this on eBay that should be easily trimmed up with a knife.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264663736255?hash=item3d9f301fbf:g:134AAOSwlTFdn0dS
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 02:32:14 AM »
Incidentally whose artwork is that? Well done, I quite like it.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline deadjoe

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 02:43:44 AM »
Ah, thank you, some good options.
I should have mentioned I'm in Canada, but that being said I have picked up a bunch of Ral Partha. They are great!
I had seen the first hasslefree and the reaper kids, but they had that munchkin look I meant.
I didn't see those second hasslefree though! Still a bit young, but they look so cool I might have to pick them up and use them somewhere.

The Darksword ones look great. Podrick or Jojen. But I wish they had pictures next to a ruler or something. Has anybody bought from them before?
The Plastic Soldiers Review site also looks cool, and might work really well with some head swaps. I love chopping up cheap plastics to make unique characters.

Thank you so much, everybody! Lots to consider here.

As for the art, I'm not sure unfortunately. I got it from a google image search, and traced it back to a random tumblr post with no attribution.
https://wearemercs.tumblr.com/post/610906021826805760/by-artist-unknown
I agree though, it's quite nice.