Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:41:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: An Beigneid Airgead- The Silver Bayonet in Lochaber *Updated 07/09*  (Read 16459 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
As Jethro Tull once sang... "BEASTIE!"

indeed ... as did I at the wembley arena back in '82!  :D

you're certainly getting fantastic results with the enamels (and your skill more to the point ...). Nice work on the Hound.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 09:57:45 PM by Bloggard »

Online Iain R

• Mad Scientist
  • High on life... and thinners. Mainly thinners.
Thanks guys!

indeed ... as did I at the wembley arena back in '82!  :D

A man of culture, I see!

Powering on through the next four of the Companions. Perry Highlander now. Painted as a member of the 79th (Cameron) Highlanders. I do not want to see tartan, a diced bonnet-band or cath-dath hose on my workbench again any time soon.

Private Uilleam Mac Gille Bríghde
(Highlander)
The sole survivor of a recruiting party sent back to his clan lands to raise more men for the Cameron colours, the decision to take a shortcut through a remote bealach had been one he had counselled against, and the headstrong Ensign in charge did not live to regret. Thankfully, his Colonel was only too familiar with why the eerie pass had its evil reputation, and recognised that the skills of a man who could fight his way from such an encounter were in demand in places other than the regular army...

Proudly not painting Wars of The Roses since... ever

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Once again... Bravo! Masterful brushwork!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline tikitang

• Mad Scientist
  • A shadow out of time...
Superb work on the kilt!

And that is why I never succumb to the temptation to buy Scottish highlander miniatures.
https://a-descent-into-the-maelstrom.blogspot.com/

"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."

- Chuck Palahniuk

Offline Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
tartan is my too

thats realy great work

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
Excellent painting, but the back stories are better still.

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
Very lovely brushwork.

But there will come a time (a much later time to be sure!) when the tartan will call again.
: 3

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Brilliant work! Highlander tartan and dicing is so difficult, you did a great job.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
Great job! My Grandad was in the Cameron Highlanders in WW2 and my brother now has his old kilt. It is a lovely classic looking tartan in my opinion, but (like all tartans) must be a real challenge to paint (I have never been brave enough to try!).

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
flipping heck, you're making me regret selling my pretty complete set of contemp. humbrols last year (second set I've sold!).

but it's not really the paints - rather your skill and style as I've already said (and must remember!).

superb.

Online Iain R

• Mad Scientist
Thanks folks, you're all too kind!

Great job! My Grandad was in the Cameron Highlanders in WW2 and my brother now has his old kilt. It is a lovely classic looking tartan in my opinion, but (like all tartans) must be a real challenge to paint (I have never been brave enough to try!).

Yeah, it's not exactly an accurate scaling-down of Cameron of Erracht, but at 3' away the colour balance is about right. I'm quite happy with it. Whether I can pull the same thing off in 20mm for my Northwest Frontier MWWBK stuff or Battlegroup BEF is another matter....

flipping heck, you're making me regret selling my pretty complete set of contemp. humbrols last year (second set I've sold!).

but it's not really the paints - rather your skill and style as I've already said (and must remember!).

superb.

I think it's largely luck, I get the splodges in the right place... ;D

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
This is some great looking stuff!

Online Iain R

• Mad Scientist
Drawing towards the last few figures for the Companions of St Jude,  this time a Perry Infantryman painted up as an Artilleryman. The lace and cartridge pouch aren't quite right, but in a game against mythological beasties, I don't think that really matters. Similarly, in game terms he should have a pistol and hand weapon, rather than a musket and bayonet, but I'm getting round that  by saying that as a gunner he'd be less practiced in their use than an infantryman, so they just count as a pistol and hand weapon.

Gunner Spartacus Mulligan
(Artilleryman)
A man with an inherent grasp of maths, science and a love of loud explosions, had his family been of greater (or even any) means, he may have found himself at Woolwich, sitting the Board of Ordnance exams to become an officer of artillery. While preparing the vaults of a captured French fort for demolition, his crashing through a concealed trapdoor into a long forgotten crypt brought the staunchly logical Mulligan into contact with something he just couldn't explain, even to himself. Fortunately, there were those who could, and on hearing of the incredulous artilleryman's story, they were quick to secure his release from the drudgery of powder, roundshot and grape...

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Brilliant! Absolutely amazing! Fantastic back story for fantastic figures!

Online Iain R

• Mad Scientist
Thanks, glad you're enjoying my ramblings thus far!

Another couple of monsters done, this time two Brollachan. Shapeless creatures of the night, these will be my Gaelic swap-ins for ghosts from the book.