Forum > Other Adventures

A new 20th Century genre for me? Looking for suggestions…

<< < (2/3) > >>

Major_Gilbear:
Okay, well I'm glad Platoon Forward seems to have ticked some boxes at least! And yes, that link is the game I meant. :)

With the rest of the points you mention:

1) The most exotic setting I've seen CoC adapted for is Star Wars (if that even counts as exotic?!) Link here.

2) A pulp (or Cthulhu?) setting might be a good way to make use of some of your WW2 minis. However, I doubt you'd need more than a few of them, so most of what you've just acquired would go unused. Seems a shame to not use them.

3) If you're interested in Weird World War 2 type of games, you could still use/convert the WW2 figs you've got, and at the same time it might be a game that appeals more to your wife. I daresay that if you're happy to fudge some rules for the "Weird" stuff, you could even still use the "straight" WW2 rulesets (like PF).

4) Painting WW2 models doesn't have to be a big time investment if you're not going for tight historical accuracy. If you start with a coloured spray paint (rattle can stuff), pick out a few details, and then apply an all-over wash, and you're basically 80%+ of the way to a fully finished model. Do them in batches of 10 models a go, and you'll be done in no time! 8)

Another game to consider might be 7TV? By turning all your WW2 stuff into a film or TV series, not only do you get to use all your models, but it also moves it away from actual WW2 settings as much/little as you like. Again, as with (3) above, this may make it more appealing to your wife. I'm not sure how suited the rules are for solo/co-op though.

Grumpy Gnome:
Some great food for thought there.

I think I need to accept this project is going to be 100% solo.

Skipper:
A modified Zona Alfa/Twilight game would be fun.  I can imagine the quarantine zones could be created by limited nuclear war (before the big bombs were created) and then add in a weird war or alien twist and you are good to go

Skipper

Inkpaduta:
If you are talking about Turtledove's World War series I have always thought that would be really fun.

SJWi:
If you are looking at Turtledove’s “World War” in 28mm I suggest you check out Lancer Miniatures sci-if range. You will find some suitable lizard-like critters .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version