Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 5 ADLG Sertorian Spanish Battle Reports on Madaxeman.com  (Read 1143 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
5 ADLG Sertorian Spanish Battle Reports on Madaxeman.com
« on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:30 PM »
The Devonian Classic, a competition in the west country that was straight outta Brixham - a small town in Devon, packed full of pasties, pirates and, erm.. pubs ?

But, more importantly home to an eminently rentable community hall, plenty of cheap off-peak off-season accommodation (and of course the new venue for the fabulous Steve Price Towers), and more fish and chip shops than you can shake a stick at - all making it an ideal location for hosting an ADLG competition of the large but perfectly formed variety!

To this event the newly-minted Spanish army of Sertorius came, singing sea shanties and burping chorizo and garlic at all and sundry, towing behind them the legendary BURNING CART OF DOOOOM!!!.

These five resulting L'Art de la Guerre match reports are your chance to see how an Iberian army does against the Early Arabs, Seleukos, the Mitanni, the Might of Rome, and the rest of the Successors in 5 full-definition, seagull-targeted battle reports full of the usual stuff and nonsense.

Read them all here: https://www.madaxeman.com/reports/Brixham_2021_1.php
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
Re: 5 ADLG Sertorian Spanish Battle Reports on Madaxeman.com
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 10:45:51 AM »
Yes! Been waiting for one these for ages😎

Offline MGH

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 06:02:16 AM »
I always enjoy these convention AARs. I'm definitely not a tournament player myself but Madaxeman's reporting style makes them fun to read.

Offline mc_deli

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 08:23:51 PM »
I always enjoy these convention AARs. I'm definitely not a tournament player myself but Madaxeman's reporting style makes them fun to read.

Well, I don’t know what you mean by tournament player… this was my first time in a room with twenty tables… if there was someone in there watching their ELO you’d never have known. Overall it seemed a very clever way to actually finish a load of games with a bunch of similar like minded individuals (fools!), most of whom knew how to play, or at least how to get through a very friendly game.

This was also a great location, with shops, pubs, guest houses - and pasties - right outside the hall door.

And the whole thing wonderfully compared by some very kind souls, including the OP, who very kindly didn’t mention my suicidal elephant support (panicing my own cav!) in the last report;)