Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:06:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690772
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: VOID, Warzone, VOR the Maelstrom... Who's played them?  (Read 10111 times)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: VOID, Warzone, VOR the Maelstrom... Who's played them?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 11:02:25 AM »
 The Chronicles magazines are very good.I think only three were done though,which is a shame.

Roy Eastland sculpted the Swamp Goblins.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2022, 12:00:44 PM »
The Chronicles artwork is pretty damn good, if of the eras aesthetic.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 12:03:20 PM »
There were 12 Chronicles magazines in total, and they can be found as PDFs on the Mutantpedia website. I'm glad they are available, as they were good reading!  :)

Edit: there were 12 Chronicles magazines originally, then it was re-launched, and there were a further 3 issues (numbered 1-3, also called Chronicles) of this new magazine.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:06:32 PM by Major_Gilbear »

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »
There were 12 Chronicles magazines in total, and they can be found as PDFs on the Mutantpedia website. I'm glad they are available, as they were good reading!  :)

Edit: there were 12 Chronicles magazines originally, then it was re-launched, and there were a further 3 issues (numbered 1-3, also called Chronicles) of this new magazine.

The early Chronicles magazines were first published in the Forge magazine which originally was called Anvil.Or that maybe the other way around.Getting old and forgetting stuff.

They are also good magazines with some very nice articles in them for some top painters. Michael Immig (spelling probably wrong Mod: FTFY), German guy who has done some great diorama pieces.

http://leviathanwar.blogspot.com/2018/02/leviathan-work-in-progress.html

http://leviathanwar.blogspot.com/search/label/Anvil%20Magazine
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:25:09 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline NotifyGrout

• Librarian
  • Sub-Random, Cut-Up, Trident
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2022, 03:38:35 PM »
I just placed a $150 order to Prince August. As if I don't already have too much to work on as-is.
https://www.instagram.com/notify_grout/
Current projects: collecting way too many vintage Warzone models.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2022, 03:52:12 PM »
I just placed a $150 order to Prince August. As if I don't already have too much to work on as-is.
lol lol

Well, please do share your efforts here on LAF when they reach you, as I would love to see your work on them.  :)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 05:58:50 PM »

What have you gone for then?

So easy to get pulled into yet another project ;).

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2022, 02:19:17 AM »
Alright, alright, thanks to you lot I've just sent an order off to Ral Partha Europe. All the bloody Vor books currently available. A new project log will be a calling.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2022, 07:46:06 AM »
Alright, alright, thanks to you lot I've just sent an order off to Ral Partha Europe. All the bloody Vor books currently available. A new project log will be a calling.
lol
It's okay, I recently received a delivery some Junkers, Viridians, and Koralon...! ;)

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2022, 09:23:16 AM »
lol
It's okay, I recently received a delivery some Junkers, Viridians, and Koralon...! ;)

Just like magic!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2022, 12:22:04 PM »
 Great to hear that lots of people are looking at older games and miniatures ranges.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone will be working on over the next few weeks.

Offline NotifyGrout

• Librarian
  • Sub-Random, Cut-Up, Trident
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2022, 02:55:38 PM »
What have you gone for then?

So easy to get pulled into yet another project ;).

A combination of filling out existing units (never got a Venusian Ranger heavy weapon, for example), more Dark Legion monsters because they are fun, and a couple of new units (never had proper Legionnaires- I always used the ones from my copy of Siege of the Citadel).

Adding those to my recently purchased Razides and Demnogonis Nepharite (I painted the same model in 1999, so I want to compare), I have a lot to do even without all of the other projects (2 Frostgrave crews, a Stargrave crew, a bunch of Infinity models, multiple Wrath of Kings/Saga: Age of Magic armies...lol)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2022, 04:26:59 PM »
 You could use your Warzone figures in other game systems.

Just seen Swiftnick's one using Warzone and other miniatures in the Sci-Fi Skirmish section.

Had my Joan of Arc KS stuff arrive Today.Three boxes of it got delivered.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2022, 09:04:52 PM »
lol

The smaller first ed ones now with Seb Games or the chunkier later ones on Scotia Grendel? Seb looks to be giving it some new life. Post pics even if undercoated minis so we can see :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:10:33 PM by sir_shvantselot »

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2022, 11:06:11 PM »
The smaller first ed ones now with Seb Games or the chunkier later ones on Scotia Grendel? Seb looks to be giving it some new life. Post pics even if undercoated minis so we can see :)
I got some of both, but mostly Scotia. The sizes and styles mix better than I thought they would actually, and since neither is a complete range for any faction (except maybe the Forcebook Koralon), I figured that I'd mix and match between them.

Whilst most of the models I received (Seb's stuff in particular) is all well cast, some of the models and parts (things like shields and backpacks especially) are from extremely rough/worn moulds, so there's going to be some reasonable work required before the models are ready for priming.

So far no vehicles though, as I thought they might be unbalanced in smaller forces. Still, lots to get on with in the meantime, so it might be a little while before I have any real progress to speak of! :)

You could use your Warzone figures in other game systems.
I think that looking at some of the models in these three game systems, that's definitely a good possibility. I think new Scotia Viridians could be decent as Bauhaus, and classic Seb Viridians would be reasonable as Capitol. I think any Viridians and/or Capitol are a good fit for VOR Union. Syntha and Cybertronic should be easy swaps too. Others can get a bit trickier though, but something like a mix of Imperial and Dark Legion would work well enough for VOR Neo-Sovs.