Forum > Workbench

Lost Egg's 2022 Plog - Classic HeroQuest & more...ish

<< < (2/7) > >>

Lost Egg:
Thanks Bravo Six.

To be honest it hadn't occurred  ??? I've not done anything with Age of Heroes for a while as I kinda got snowed under with projects and crashed. So I decided to try and keep things simpler with the new year, focusing on finishing my HeroQuest set, or at least enough for a campaign I'm playing with the kids over the summer.

Bravo Six:
Ah ok. HeroQuest is great fun! Loved that game.  :-*

Lost Egg:
Fimir!!

Great minis even though something odd happened to their necks fusing their heads to their bodies  o_o

I really like these minis and much prefer them at this size (the right size).

Next up will be some heroes...

Lost Egg:
Painting progress has been slow but I have not been idle, first up the barbarians!

The HQ barbarian's sword had snapped off previously so I had to pin that back on. Painting wise I'm happy with this couple. I'm not convinced with the sculpting of the mouth of the female barbarian but never mind. My kids use these guys for our SummerQuests and so I went with a 40k Salamander transfer for the shield as my daughter is a bit crazy for dragons.

Next up is my progress on my new HQ board, first up the card and paper test piece...

Then here's a WIP shot of the new board, it's a 50x50cm 12mm thick plywood sheet with some stripwood sides and I've started sticking on the magnetic receptive sheet...

Finally the sheet is all on and the grid marked out...

The random black area in the middle is where I ran out of white sheet and had to use black instead, it's slightly thicker but should be ok as its less than 0.5mm difference. You can see it next to my current Compact HQ board which while good can feel a little cramped sometimes in game. The squares for the new board are 40mm and with the new way of orientating the rooms there is so much more space.

So the next job will be to cut & glue all the foam floor & wall tiles...this may take some time...

Bravo Six:
Oh man.... that looks awesome Lost Egg!!  :-* :-* :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version