Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690986
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warriors of Europe and beyond. Update 06/01/22 Outlaw Commander (Footsore)  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Hello,

As I didn't want to add these to my Reconquista blog, I decided to start a new one for other knights and soldiers. :)

First are two spearmen from Footsore their Barons' War range. They belong to the retinue of Frederik II, Duke of Austria and Styria.

I also painted a late Saxon, also from Footsore. All the mini's I paint will be used with the Barons War ruleset.

The next addition to this blog will a very cool German warrior-bishop, I think late 13th century.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:18:03 PM by Tonhel »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Warriors of Europe and beyond.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 02:22:13 PM »
More cracking work Tonhel  :-*

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Re: Warriors of Europe and beyond.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »
I finished another late Saxon and took a group shot of the late Saxons I painted until now.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Hello,

I recently joined the Medbury Miniatures Patreon. Recently he added also a historical pledge along side his fantasy stuff.
So now I know of two historical patreons. Caballero Miniatures and Medbury Miniatures.

I recently painted their Norman leader mini. It was from their first release.

I scaled the mini up to 114% before I printed it.

Comparison picture with a Vixtrix Saxo, Caballero miniature and the Medbury Norman.

I like the Norman, but I want to add / change a couple of things. First I want to change the sword, change the scabbard and add a shield to his back + shield belt. I am going to change it digitally.

For this I bought the Nomad Sculpt app on my iPad (15 euro) and so my digital sculpting journey begins. I can't draw, I have no real artistic skills, so it's not easy, but it is certainly a lot easier than tradional sculpting :).

Here are some very WIPs of an Oakeshott type X sword and a wip of an early 13th century helmet (still no mail coif added, I will add it when I have sculpted the complete figure). My current goal is to sculpt a medieval knight of around 1220 equiped with an Oakeshott type XI sword. It will not be easy :o

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:09:21 PM by Tonhel »

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
Good luck with your 3d sculpting venture. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Your Saxons are all Footsore? Very nice pj, btw.
Leadhead

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Your Saxons are all Footsore? Very nice pj, btw.

Yes, the group shot with the Saxons are all Footsore mini's. Lovely mini's and good casts!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Bavo Scheld

Barons War ruleset:(Deserter Kapitan (Veteran), padded armour, sword and a medium shield. Abilities: Hunting hound and Followed into exile).

Bavo was born around 1180 in the city of Antwerp, which was in that time part of the Margraviate of Antwerp and under control of Godfrey III, Count of Louvain. Later this became the Duchy of Brabant.
At the age of 18, Bavo joined the contingent of Henry I, Duke of Brabant, who took part in the German crusade. He fought in Sidon and Beirut, but he returned with Duke Henry I to Europe when the Duke heard the news that the Holy Roman Empire Henry VI had died.

Back in Europe Bavo Scheld enlisted in city militia of Antwerp, as a crusader veteran he had much respect of the other soldiers.
In 1214 he accompanied again the contingent of Henry I, Duke of Brabant to fight in the battle of Bouvines. They were defeated, but Bavo survived

He returned to the city militia of Antwerp, he bought a dog, called “Hand”, and had a great time with various married women.. . It ended badly and he had to flee Antwerp.

It’s now 1216 and he is a mercenary in the service of Louis, the prince of France. Bavo Scheld, the veteran of many battles has arrived in England.