Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi - Zealots (28 Feb)  (Read 30302 times)

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Generic Sci Fi - finished stackable dungeon tiles (22 Jun)
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2022, 04:37:06 AM »
Those have come up really nicely.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2022, 08:05:14 AM »
Very, very nice, I'm getting System Shock vibes  :-*

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2022, 03:54:39 PM »
There is something about a neatly stacked, easily stored, and uniform terrain set that tickles the better aspects of my OCD lol. Case and point:

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »
Doodler
Those tiles are awesome! I hope to see some reports of the games you played using them!

CookAndrewB
Those being stackable appeal to my OCD as well.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2022, 12:57:02 AM »
OCD?  I’m glad I am not afflicted by that! LOL

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2022, 05:25:02 AM »
OCD?  I’m glad I am not afflicted by that! LOL

lol lol lol lol lol
Always with the jokes Dan Careful that post could be taken down due to misleading information  lol lol lol lol lol

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2022, 08:18:44 AM »
Lol.  So true.

Dan

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2022, 12:58:07 PM »
Some Very Nice work there. Thanks for sharing.

Dan - OCD? What's that ?  ( But I must admit everything looks nicer stacked neatly with the corners at 90 deg with a tolerance shift of +/- 0.5 mm  ;))

WM - You are killing me , After reading your rather graphical description of vacating organic material into hard vacuum, I will think twice when I hear the word " Space Debris "  :D :D :D :D
Deep Frozen hard Turdies can be a menace if they hit you at speed. ( I wonder what is done with organic waste on the present space station )

Joking apart, I would imagine there would be a special section on any ship /station for waste reclamation ( water being a precious resource ) ?
Or would you think it would simply be ejected into space ?. Because if there is it would become a a target for e.g. for pirates ( eg Drain the water tanks into their own ship, scenario )

Z
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:15:44 PM by zrunelord »
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2022, 05:28:21 AM »
Thanks, all! Mrs Doodler was disappointed to see all the vibrant pinks and reds disappearing beneath a grey primer. Might have to dip a toe into the cyberpunk waters to ensure the support for hobby-related hoarding continues.

There is something about a neatly stacked, easily stored, and uniform terrain set that tickles the better aspects of my OCD lol.

Those are great, and aesthetically pleasing in their packed state.

I've always felt it peculiar that OCD has to have disorder in the name. Seems it was thought up by the same people who thought it amusing to make it harder for those with stutters, lisps and roticism to name their respective conditions...

I hope to see some reports of the games you played using them!

Guess I'd better get onto that! Curse this remote keyboard for its temperamental SHIFT and A keys...

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
Re: 15mm Generic Sci Fi - 5 Parsecs From Home campaign turn 1 (27 Jun)
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2022, 12:01:00 AM »
Starting off a new 5 Parsecs From Home campaign on holiday with the newly finished sci fi dungeon tiles. Playing on Challenging difficulty – so should never have fewer than 3 opponents – with the supplement AI variable behaviours and deployments.

Also house ruling in the social events tables from WeaselTech for a bit of extra intermission flavour, and modifying the brawling so that it works more like the old Lord of the Rings SBG combat (namely, resolved at the end of the turn after everyone has done their movement and actions) to make charging in a little more viable in the face of gunfire.

Since I’ll be limited to the same sort of terrain for the first few campaign turns, I’ll be beginning with a ship-less crew of four; they’ll need to accomplished a fair few missions on the same planet before being able to bag themselves a ship. I'll probably increase the crew and battle size at an appropriate point in the future, assuming this little band lasts long enough.

Presenting our four plucky survivors from a starship escape pod left stranded on the planet of Bangoetxia:

Argider – adventure-seeking member of a lower megacity class (infantry laser, handgun)
Bittor – former gang member seeking fame (blast rifle, handgun)
Carmele – glory-hunting crew leader from a military outpost (plasma rifle, blade, screen generator)
Dornaka – technology-obsessed former member of a peaceful, high-tec colony (laser-sighted machine pistol, military rifle)

Bangoetxia is a mining colony-turned-starport and slum with a sprawling-network of tunnels riddling the planet. The crew have no contacts – positive or negative – so will be very much starting from scratch with largely empty projects. They were able to salvage some reasonable long range firepower as they escaped their doomed vessel, but that won’t be much help in the gloomy abandoned passageways where prospective employers will surely send them.

While Bittor earned some more credits with his ‘unweighted’ dice, Argider and Dornaka found more ethically viable trades to grow the crew coffers. Carmele found a sector-wide job offer but, since there was no time limit upon it, they opted to follow up a lead for some data which could be downloaded from an inside an isolationist enclave.

The crew advanced towards their target terminal. There was no sign of the anticipated political enthusiasts, despite the interlopers’ lack of discretion. Argider spotted a glint in a nearby pile of rubbish and had a rummage, holding aloft a piece of tat he boasted would fetch a whole credit on the market.

They planned to have the ultratechnical Dornaka access the terminal, but a sudden onset of skittering revealed the possible reason for an absence of guards: a number of large gribble emerged from vents all around and descended upon the explorers. Captain Caremele unloaded her plasma rifle into one but behind her another bowled over Dornaka and ripped Argider apart.

A flash of movement betrayed the presence of some isolationists nearby, and they caught the attention of one of the beasties. It charged towards one who’d crept too near.

Using the distraction, Carmele spun round and blasted Argider’s killer while Bittor dashed for the terminal to complete their objective.

Out of the gloom came the sound of screaming and gunfire. The pair grabbed the unconscious form of Dornaka and the shiny object from Argider’s severed hand and retreated to safety.

Between the reward for the data and shiny object, and some further trading by Carmele, the crew more than doubled their credit balance. Bittor evidently held Dornaka responsible for Argider’s death, and the air between them was notably strained from that point on.

A planet-wide announcement came that all ships would be restricted from travelling offworld for the immediate future, but that didn’t affect the crew. Their focus remained upon collecting credits to finance the purchase of one of their own.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:27:29 AM by Idle Doodler »

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2022, 03:20:18 AM »
ID

Aw man, you need a YouTube channel to put this on.  Seriously, you need to make this into a short video.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_z29m150g5oq_NTHHKs5zPEKdVAimz-V

Dan

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2022, 07:02:06 AM »
Fun sounding game. Thanks for posting.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2022, 07:43:55 AM »
Wow! That was a great report! Too bad for Argider, looks like you're going to need some new recruits lol

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2022, 11:02:01 AM »
Cheers, folks. Can't beat 5PfH for some solo procedural campaign play

Aw man, you need a YouTube channel to put this on.

Judging from how long this footage for making crates has been sitting in my hard drive from an intent to learn video editing, I fear we might be on the 4th edition of 5PfH before we get halfway through a campaign!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2022, 03:51:09 PM »
I like the report. Well done. Your crew has had more luck than mine ever did! Sheesh, I feel like I get hit with swindles where my crew loses credits, and unexpected ship repairs constantly. Not sure how the newest version of 5P plays, but I use the Salvage team rules and it is pretty unforgiving. Not a ton of opportunity for gains, but it may be designed that way as the "winning condition" is essentially to buy your way out of debt.