Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690644
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 18922 times)

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2022, 10:09:53 PM »
Yup. This was a special episode.
Looks like things will get warm and chaotic. :D
Yes. Grogu will pick the chainmail... ;D

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2022, 11:11:46 PM »
If you've not watched The Clone Wars, I can imagine a question or two arising.

I keep having to pause the TV to explain bits to MrsCub about Clone Wars backstories! She loves the Star Wars genre in general and the two Disney shows (and is wildly over-excited about Obi-Wan coming soon) but hasn't really watched the films or animated shows, other than just catching the odd bit when I've been watching them. I can completely sympathise with those who complain the shows are just for 'fan-boys' because they're missing important nuances, but since I am one of the fan-boys I'm finding it hard to care that much!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2022, 06:11:15 AM »
It‘s on track again now. 5 was lightyears beyond everything before in that show, but 6 made me cheer and grin all the time. I hope they‘ve found their pace and keep on like that!  :D

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2022, 07:41:27 AM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:46:54 PM by Grumpy Gnome »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2022, 09:16:16 AM »
I can not get over what a brilliant job they did with Luke compared to his previous appearance.

It's scary to me how realistic the 'deep fake' technology is; they can literally put anyone's face on the screen now and it's now so difficult to even tell a real person from CGI.  I kept thinking back to Oliver Reed's dodgy post-mortem cameos in Gladiator and how far things have progressed since then.

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2022, 09:38:48 AM »
I really hope that they keep the appearances of CGI Luke to a minimum and in stead go the western in space route. That really rocks.

I wonder how long until James builds his own skull trophy landcrawler.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2022, 09:50:02 AM »
Soooo.... if Grogu stays with Luke, does that mean Kylo Ren kills him when he goes all Darkside?

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2022, 09:54:22 AM »
Is Cob Banth just winged? I hope so,and as for Cad Bane finally a truly scary baddie!

I think so, as Cad Bane was distracted by the deputy.

Fingers crossed for a Cad Bane vs Mando fight.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2022, 09:58:24 AM »
I wonder how long until James builds his own skull trophy landcrawler.

I did start drawing up a smaller crawler a while back...  :D

Soooo.... if Grogu stays with Luke, does that mean Kylo Ren kills him when he goes all Darkside?

Nah, him and Din will ride off into the Tatooine sunset and I won't be crying. Honest  lol lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »
I did start drawing up a smaller crawler a while back...  :D

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2022, 10:08:08 AM »
 lol

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2022, 10:43:50 AM »
I got the plastic cowboy gunfighters for Christmas. I don't do any western stuff, so wasn't sure what to do with them. I do feel that I may now have a use for a couple of them :D

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2022, 09:55:17 PM »
This episode was a bit all over the place for me.

On the plus side, I liked Cad Bane. It was good to see him out of the cartoons and into real life. Also happy to see Cob back.

The sand crawler was funny, but I don't know that it added much to the episode. I mean, how did that push the story of Boba forward?

On the downside, the Book of Boba has now had two episodes that basically don't have Boba in them. I question that decision. I also didn't give a hoot about the Grogu story and Luke. Again, "Book of Boba" shouldn't be the place to tell that tale. It is like someone gave up on the bad series and decided just to branch back into the Mandalorian (which is much better but deserves its own air time. The last two episodes could have basically been shorts or teasers for next season. I just don't see how they mesh in with BoB.

The fun of Mandalorian, and BoB is that we can see some of the galaxy without all of the Jedi stuff. Rogue One and Solo managed just fine, why add so much Jedi stuff into a movie that isn't about them? We are going to get Obi-Wan, why not wait until then? It is just such a big galaxy. I think we will all survive without the force for a season or three. I didn't like when they brought that angle in for Mandalorian either.

For me, it was a so-so effort. It felt forced, and distracted from the main purpose. Also, it is hard to feel like the gangster plot isn't working when Disney won't commit to it in a reasonable way.

Oh, and I liked the ant droids. They were fun. So there was that.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2022, 11:20:50 PM »
Okay I admit I've avoided this thread until I'd  caught up.
I've been watching with my ten year old ,then having to sit through his phone calls with his 24 year old brother as they geeked  out. Plus being told I was too old to get it. ( I didn't help my case by saying I'd seen Star Was at the cinema in 1977   lol )
Plus Watching Luke and Grogu I made the mistake of pointing out It was a straight rip of Shogun Assassin. And wonder If Grogus 'Pram' would have ligh saber attachments when he goes Back to Din.
I was told in no uncertain terms if I didn't take it seriously I couldn't watch next week with him ::)

I'm of the opinion there's likely to be a second Cob verses Cad Bane show down.(Possibly coming to the rescue of one the three main characters in the process. )
As I thought It was Cob who was distracted by trying to see what his deputy was going to do.Bane used the opportunity to draw first.
Plus he was hit in the opposite shoulder to his gun hand.
The show down allows the Free town people to pick a side. With self preservation and revenge as motivation.
I did muse that after Cob asked Din about the Naboo fighter .If he'd end up flying off into the sun set in it.

Both my ten year old and I wondered if Bobba Fett would Give Din his ship at the end( Got told off for calling it Slave1)
Then We saw the art work at the end of the episode. Where it appeared to have a partially built Razorcrest hanging  from the ceiling just behind Bobby's ship.
(I wasn't actually paying that much attention to the actual scene as I was being hinted at to make a Bobba Fett so I didn't notice if it was only in the concept art.)
I also wondered by showing the sand crawler was in way an affirmation of Cob's relationship with them. Possibly allowing for a desert version of the battle for Endor. As nothing else seems to be off limits for 'Nod'

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2022, 12:42:42 AM »

If he stays with Luke, everything changes.

Ben Solo was supposed to be Luke's first student according to the sequels, so Grogu staying means that can't work

I'm expecting that the choice isn't a choice, but a test to see the middle.

Luke knows that attachments help, it's what saved his father.