Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:23:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 18942 times)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2022, 05:54:09 AM »
I have not read the thread till now, just finished the last episode I liked both the Mandalorian and Boba Fett  for fun, I try to ignore the lack of realism in the show.  I saw star wars on the opening day and I am still a fan.  Things not to be in the star wars universe  1) droids you get little or no respect and are easily killed off 2) stormtroopers how the hell the empire became an empire is beyond me with an army like that, can't shoot, which can add some humor as they showed but makes them useless and when the good guys go up against them there is no suspense you know nothing will happen. Their armor is as useless as they are. One shot one kill, the armor does nothing but impedes them, hell even a stick can smash through it.(as shown) 3) Gamoreian Guards poor pig things have no chance and no one morns them. 

Things that bothered me in the last episode, First I am not a military leader, But I know that cover is your friend. the stupid fish people kept standing in the open and even when they had the high ground they would just stand up and get shot, meanwhile the mods and Freetown troopers  hide behind a mud wall which stops all shots from the big robot thing, which is also useless and does nothing.   The Black Wookie who is cool (and I had to look up his back story not the nicest guy)  gets stabbed, beaten, shot numerous times and  limps towards Boba Fetts crew bloody and injured so they go out and help him to cover.  in the next scene he is running away the the crew and looks fine. How did Boba Fett fly back to the palace get the Rancor and get back that quick so many more.   but I still enjoyed it
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Maniac

• Scientist
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2022, 03:17:38 PM »
It was alright as a series.  Definitely more Star Wars than the new films.  The episodes with Mando were the best, although his new ship is silly for his chosen profession.

I think Fett was overall, not ruthless enough.  For a man Vader singled out, he solved far too few problems with a gun.  Oh, and the mods were just silly.

Otherwise it worked.  The end battle was very much 'space opera', right down to King Kong climbing a tower angrily swatting at flying things.  Great it was not, and weaker than the Mandalorian, but enjoyable with some good characters (enjoyed seeing Cobb Vanth return and Agent May-turned assassin seems to be a riff on John Wayne, only plays one role but you enjoy it).
On time, on target, or the next one's free

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »
Between Mando1 & 2 , Bobba's Book and having rediscovered Blakes 7 on Sat TV I have now enough Stargrave scenario ideas to last me 20 years : : lol
Enjoyed watching all the  Bobba episodes especially the last one as the freetown militia arrive on a skimmer I have a 3d print of.

Kind regards from a windswept SW England.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2022, 09:20:36 PM »
Well, after watching the finale a few more times it's actually growing on me  :)

Still think Ep 5 is my fav though.

Time to get my old Mos Vegas buildings out and re-vamp them  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/