Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689697
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 18833 times)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 07:57:28 AM »
Nah,it’s the Black melon water. :D
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2022, 08:35:31 AM »
I was thinking that it might have been Sarlac stomach acid  lol

lol

Well he certainly put on weight after falling into the Sarlach, so anything is possible. ;) lol
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 07:36:05 PM »
Absolutely love they're mining the more recent comics for ideas.

That wookie? He's Black Krrsantan. I wont spoil much  but lets just say he's a real mean SOB who makes Chewie look like a teddy bear.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2022, 12:32:49 AM »
Jango Fett wasn't a Mandalorian at all, but he was raised there and thus acquired his suit of armour. Neither was Boba of course, being Jango's clone raised on Kamino. After Jango's death he spent time in prison on Coruscant and then was a member of various criminal gangs, eventually wearing his father's armour and becoming a mercenary and bounty hunter. But I agree, the decision to leave off the helmet so much probably had more to do with Temuera's amazing face as much as any backstory.

Jango not being a Mandalorian came from someone who was already lying about a lot of things...he also put the Death Watch as not being Mandalorian.

A lot of that came from the Mandalorian Civil Wars...which technically only ended at the end of the Clone Wars (Or may still be going on), just that the "True" Mandalorians "won" and took over Mandalore while the rest were still shooting each other.

I'm expecting that Jango's backstory is going to remain with him being from Concorde Dawn (A Mandalorian colony world) and adopted into Jasters band after Death Watch killed most of his family, burned the family holdings, and abducted his sister (I'm still thinking there's going to be a Bad Batch reveal that Omega isn't a Clone of Jango Fett, but of Arla Fett because she'd be unmodified Fett DNA as well). Then Galidran happened which raises questions about why Jango was willing to work with Dooku

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2022, 10:39:06 AM »
Ah, my filthy filthy lies, I'm so ashamed.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2022, 09:53:43 PM »
Resist all the Jedi mind tricks you want, it didn't stop a lady in a bikini from choking Jaba out with a chain. Perhaps it was a grave error to never show the consequences of that action but Leia lived to be old and grey without having to constantly look over her shoulder. I don't understand how you have a  race gain power based on being clever. It would never stop some stronger faction from simply swooping in and taking what they wanted. Individuals of the race may be clever, but somewhere in the Hutt sphere, there has to be muscle. Maybe not at the time of the movies, but somewhere in the past.

Weak humans may hold political sway over other humans, or pay for protection. If a race of bloodthirsty aliens landed on Earth, and there were no warriors to resist, it wouldn't matter what political clout or riches humanity held. Someone in the race has to be a warrior of prowess or everything gets taken. Or, potentially there could be a symbiotic relationship with a warrior caste as you see in the Halo series but we never see that with the Hutts.

At least Yoda always had the force to fall back on. Even if you didn't like his fighting style, he was never just a tiny green guy who was really good at math. He had the ability to project power, as we see with Grogu as well. Jabba had what going for him? Speed? Dexterity? Precognition? Blaster-proof skin? Resisting a Jedi mind trick in this context is essentially being able to resist buying the extended warranty at Best Buy. It's handy, but you can't build an empire off of that.

For your sake, Rick, I'm hoping we get to see some Hutt legs.  lol

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2022, 12:57:08 AM »
Resist all the Jedi mind tricks you want, it didn't stop a lady in a bikini from choking Jaba out with a chain. Perhaps it was a grave error to never show the consequences of that action but Leia lived to be old and grey without having to constantly look over her shoulder. I don't understand how you have a  race gain power based on being clever. It would never stop some stronger faction from simply swooping in and taking what they wanted. Individuals of the race may be clever, but somewhere in the Hutt sphere, there has to be muscle. Maybe not at the time of the movies, but somewhere in the past.

Weak humans may hold political sway over other humans, or pay for protection. If a race of bloodthirsty aliens landed on Earth, and there were no warriors to resist, it wouldn't matter what political clout or riches humanity held. Someone in the race has to be a warrior of prowess or everything gets taken. Or, potentially there could be a symbiotic relationship with a warrior caste as you see in the Halo series but we never see that with the Hutts.

At least Yoda always had the force to fall back on. Even if you didn't like his fighting style, he was never just a tiny green guy who was really good at math. He had the ability to project power, as we see with Grogu as well. Jabba had what going for him? Speed? Dexterity? Precognition? Blaster-proof skin? Resisting a Jedi mind trick in this context is essentially being able to resist buying the extended warranty at Best Buy. It's handy, but you can't build an empire off of that.

For your sake, Rick, I'm hoping we get to see some Hutt legs.  lol

From the older stuff, one of the reasons why the Hutts got powerful is that they were one of the first species to obtain hyperdrives and had been expanding even before that.

Then they started dominating their local space because they could move things, then while the rest of the galaxy had their wars, the Hutts tended to just gather resources and stay out of them...often playing both sides as profitteers (The entire expansion of TOR is one major example of this sort of thing with them playing both the Empire and Republic).

You also have things like their old Power Armor which is still a frankly terrifying piece of tech at least centuries later when few hutts are willing to do much.

The Hutts also knew when to not push things, while there were small things during the majority of the Republic, they only really did anything directly when the Republic was busy elsewhere...they were a near peer power in what they had, but would have been stomped if the Republic or Empire turned their full attention on them when there wasn't another threat that would easily take advantage of it.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2022, 07:53:59 AM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:55:59 PM by Grumpy Gnome »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 04:12:57 PM »
Loved the new episode (with perhaps the exception of the mopeds  lol).
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 05:26:21 PM »
SPOILERS

Positives:
The Wookie fight.
The Rancor & Danny Trejo!

Negatives:
The whole moped chase felt a bit flat to me - may have been the accompanying music.

Who's looking forward to seeing Boba riding on a Rancor? You know the brown sticky stuff is going to go down with the Pyke Syndicate too!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 05:36:02 PM »
The whole moped chase felt a bit flat to me - may have been the accompanying music.

Yes, The repulsor craft didn't bounce round enough and seemed too stable and it was a bit slow. Still enjoyed it though  :D

Who's looking forward to seeing Boba riding on a Rancor?

That is going to kick so much arse  lol
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:37:58 PM by OSHIROmodels »

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2022, 05:56:00 PM »
Yes, The repulsor craft didn't bounce round enough and seemed too stable and it was a bit slow. Still enjoyed it though  :D

I think I had the similar chase in Solo in my mind and kept comparing it to that.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2022, 05:58:57 PM »
I thought the one in Solo was fine and perfectly Star Warsy  :)

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2022, 08:41:42 PM »
They were obviously a big nod to Japanese gentsuki mopeds, which is fine. The speed was right on par with the real wordt things, and 200 kmph speederbikes in a built up area would make for some very short lived gangs after all.

No; I thought them to be just too colourful to fit in at Mos Espa (I suppose it's Mos Vespa for sure now  ;D ).

Nice to see the gang/familiy slowly grow. I had sort of expected Boba to use the Sand People as muscle, but I suppose that door's been well and fully closed now because of the Nikto biker gang. Who knows; maybe he will use his induction into his adoptive tribe to deal with other ones?

Also, not killing the Wookiee probably might have bought Boba some credit with him too...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:49:06 PM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2022, 09:11:35 PM »
I don’t know about the Japanese influence,I rather think they were more mod,rather like the 60s/80s revival,except for the young woman who is channeling Joan Jett.
As for the Rancor,I hope it doesn’t get itself killed,I tend to get attached.