Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 18459 times)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
The Book of Boba Fett
« on: January 05, 2022, 09:23:37 AM »
Is fantastic! Mythic where The Mandalorian  was  more space western (And not a bad thing at that) Boba Fett is more David Lean with added Haka,and the Tusken Raiders  are just how I pictured them from the first film. A little more subdued than the Mandalorian,this  is a good thing,it is not a reprise,Boba is his own character ,and an excellent one . Roll on Boba!

May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:35:46 AM »
Yeah, I’m liking it so far  8)

Time to get the Mos Vegas buildings out again  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 10:07:04 AM »
Agreed. Much as I enjoyed the Mandalorian, the Spaghetti Western vibe felt a bit strained at times.

I do wonder about the wisdom of building a very densely packed city in an impact crater on a desert planet with twin suns. Doesn't seem the best way to keep cool ???

Always nice to see Jennifer Beals as well. Hopefully that wasn't just a quick cameo appearance.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 10:39:31 AM »
I like it so far, but with a big smile. I call it "Conan in Space". When he is sitting on his throne it is like the intro of Conan. Only the coat is missing..Tonight the second episode, I think

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 03:13:35 PM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:58:41 PM by Grumpy Gnome »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 04:02:08 PM »
I have to say that while I liked the first episode (will watch #2 tonight) I would prefer Boba not to go soft. In my mind, I've always thought of Boba as the ultimate tough guy. He's on the shortlist of people to call when a gangster or evil empire needs to get things done. He's a Mafia fixer or the dictator's fist. I don't mind him being battered and not broken, and maybe trading a little wisdom and cunning for quick reflexes, but I still want to see him blowing up would-be assassins trying to flee and if someone tries to muscle in on his turf I want there to be bloodshed.

The idea of ruling by respect instead of fear could be ok. We might respect his power, or respect his fairness (as an eye for an eye may very well be fair), but I don't want to respect his graciousness and patience. That isn't going to feel right for me. Where the Mandalorian allows some straddling of an ethical line I want Boba to not be encumbered by this feeling that he should do something for the betterment of others. I don't see that being his character through the original three movies, and it wouldn't be how he was raised by Jango. Not to mention he is rolling with Fennec Shand, who is also an assassin working for top crime syndicates. So far she seems to be the one trying to push Boba to run Jabba's legacy the "right" way.

With all of that said, and with all other speculation put aside for now... Why the heck is Boba wandering around without his helmet on? If we are going with the "Boba is a Mandalorian" bit, shouldn't he have a similar practice of not removing his helmet? Especially not while roaming the streets. Especially not while shaking down a local establishment (yes, it was nice to see Jennifer Beal who makes a lovely Twilek). There is little he can do about it when he has lost his armor, but once found wouldn't it be part of his Mandalorian code to always wear it? Heck, even if it wasn't, wouldn't it just be wise to wear a helmet if your job was to be a strongman and run an underworld empire of his own? Honestly, that was the only part of the first show that I didn't care for. The rest was ok but held a lot of promise moving forward. Pilot shows are always worse than what comes after. How quickly they hit their stride is the real test.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 07:25:54 PM »
it was alright. hoping they hit their stride soon.

the off/on helmet bit they kind of fudged by stating the "Mandalorian" was of a very strict "sect" and not normal "mandalorian" as such.

so ok, he can take it off for someone to give it a quick buff in the the bar if he wants kind of thing  :D

The respect bit I can kind of understand, far is far, and suspect its lining him up to kick butt of all the disrespecting with as much helmet buffing as he can get

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 07:47:28 PM »
2 was better than 1. He appeared too weak to me in Episode 1. 2 was much more believable and I really like the Tusken gaining identity now. The Gamorreans got one too, what I like best!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 04:29:34 AM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:59:23 PM by Grumpy Gnome »

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 07:35:41 AM »
watched late lastnight/err... this morning before bed  ::)

Yep that was much better all round.

Looking forward to the next one now.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 10:36:10 AM »
The only gripe I had with both issues is that they were too dang short!

The respect and 'soft' thing many mentioned is explained well enough in ep.2 I should say.

[SPOILER]His trials, tribulations and initiation rites when with the Sand People would change any man's perspective on life, and we need to add his near impossible escape from the Sarlacc to this as well.[/SPOILER]

So all in all, I find his change in behaviour pretty believable, once we get to see what caused it.

Oh, and that Wookiee looked very bad ass!

I'm really loving this show, and now it's got me wanting to add to my Tusken village terrain too... ::)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:38:13 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 01:16:15 PM »
Ah, but did you spot water-butt droid?

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »
Heh, I did notice it. I thought it was some form of Gonk droid.

Nice job identifying it; when you know the shape, I'm sure it would be easy to spot, but I sure didn't...  :)

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 02:58:39 PM »
Heh, I did notice it. I thought it was some form of Gonk droid.

Nice job identifying it; when you know the shape, I'm sure it would be easy to spot, but I sure didn't...  :)

I've got a couple in the garden, so very familiar with the shape. Told the Mrs we've got some droids in the garden - she just rolled her eyes! I imagine it's a water carrying droid, but the legs look like something from 1930's Flash Gordon (could be a homage I guess).

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 03:03:42 PM »
Yeah, could’ve done with an extra half day in the prop shop really  lol