Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BSC 2022 Bearwoodman - Where the Voordalak Sleep  (Read 4548 times)

Online Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
Re: BSC 2022 Bearwoodman - Where the Voordalak Sleep
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 09:17:24 PM »
I had a bit of time this afternoon so I put together a well.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 10:56:45 PM »
in accordance with the number 1 rule of terrain making easily storable).
That is one of the rules of terrain making that I never managed to do.   lol  Watching with interest.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Online Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 01:02:04 PM »
Thanks snitcythedog! Storage is a challenge for me like it is for many, so I am glad when i remember to address it at the start of a project, rather than (as has been the case in the past) only considering the issue once the project is complete!

Here is a bit of an update.

The ground floor room is nearly there, just need to add some things to the shelf and table.

I tried to make a rough stone block texture for the stairs and the cellar below. It turned out a bit cruder than I had envisaged if I am honest, although I had not used milliput in this way before and I was in a bit of a hurry. Some of it will be covered by furniture anyway.

I want to add a light source and here is an picture of what I am thinking of (clearly fantasy dungeon rather than actual 19th century cellar, but it is a nice simple shape!). Let me know if you have any better ideas!

Next will be the tunnel level, and here is a picture for inspiration. I will be collecting twigs from the garden and park today for props!

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 05:13:57 PM »
This one is coming along nicely. Nice work so far. :)

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 09:54:13 PM »
This fab :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Online Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2022, 10:54:57 AM »
Thanks Blackwood and McMordain.  I think it is going ok so far (it is hard to tell as I  I am making most of it up as I go along!) but it is dawning on me that the fact that it is "2.5D" (as Burgundavia put it) rather than fully 3D means that the quality of the paint job will be key to making it look good.

I did not end up making a lantern as I noticed fellow LAFer Wyrmalla was selling an interesting selection of lamps, lanterns and candles on his sale thread in the Bazaar of Obscurities. These arrived very promptly and safely and will be used to dress the lair.

I have also found a Reaper Bones rat, who will be another lair inhabitant, and I have made a metal trap door for the cellar.

The ground floor room has progressed a bit further. Still need a rug, and possibly curtains and something on the table.

The cellar now has a floor.

And the tunnel section has been propped. I think this section will be accessed by rope ladder.

There is a hole in the floor of this section as an obstacle for adventurers to navigate.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »
This one is so cool! Especially the storability factor which is an issue for me too.
And it just oozes character  8)

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2022, 08:26:40 PM »
The 2.5d reminds me of the really old gw rogue trooper space marine displays mcvey did.  Great work, looking forward to seeing the results.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2022, 10:05:48 PM »
Wow! That is looking fantastic already. Really impressive  8)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 08:44:27 AM »
Already looking like a serious contender - love the story that each room is beginning to tell

:)

Online Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2022, 08:43:49 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Not much of an update, I have just applied the texture to the walls of the final level which will be a sort of natural cavern.

I did, however, feel a distracting urge to paint a figure, and I realised as my build is vaguely inspired by a story about Russian vampires I ought to have a Russian hero to investigate it. I got this chap in a mixed bag of metal Napoleonic figures on eBay and I am now in the process of painting him up as Sergeant Popov, holder of the Order of the Silver Halberd Fourth Class.

The Order of the Silver Halberd is a secret award given to those who have defended the Tsar's Empire against other-worldly creatures and is broadly equivalent to the perhaps more well known British Silver Bayonet. Recipients of the Order are presented with a halberd tipped with real silver which as well as looking jolly smart on parade also makes it a more effective weapon with which to tackle rogue Werebears. In preparation for his current mission our brave Sergeant has left nothing to chance.  After washing the blade with holy water, he then polished it to a mirror-like finish before carefully coating the point in some of his Aunt Olga's famously potent garlic sauce.

I hope to get a chance to progress both the lair and the Sergeant this coming weekend.

Offline Burgundavia

• Mad Scientist
    • Coreyburger.ca
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2022, 08:47:07 PM »
Looks good and excellent motivation for us laggards to keep moving

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 11:10:42 AM »
Looks good and excellent motivation for us laggards to keep moving

A sorrowful, 'Plus one'  :'(

Online Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2022, 09:46:43 PM »
I have added a few details.

What is in the cupboard?

Some spikes to catch anyone who fails to jump the gap:

I think there is someone at the window!

A captive. The chains are probably unnecessary now. I made this chap from a plastic skeleton from the Frostgrave Undead Encounters set. The figure was designed to be bursting from the ground which meant that: a) repositioning their skeletal arms was exceedingly fiddly; and b) the figure has no hips or legs. Maybe they have fallen off and been carried away by the rats? Or maybe I need to acquire/create some?

And I made a bucket for my well.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 09:48:20 PM by Bearwoodman »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2022, 05:30:44 PM »
The cupboard and the window are great!  :-*