Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spartan Games Dystopian Legions MIA  (Read 1093 times)

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
Spartan Games Dystopian Legions MIA
« on: February 02, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »
Hi Guys .
Spartan Games Dystopian Legions, this company had some wonderful stuff , does anyone  have any info on this lot ?????
I did speak to some no hoper years ago about it , and he said they purchased the line (after Spartan Games went broke ) and were going to Re -release it ..but .nada .
Let me know your thoughts.
Cheers

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
Re: Spartan Games Dystopian Legions MIA
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 10:12:20 AM »
All of Spartans non-licensed IP games (Dystopian ears and Firestorm Armada settings)were bought by Warcradle (Wayland games) I think. So far they've only brought out Dystopian Wars from that setting as far as I know.

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 11:09:13 AM »
Sir Theo
Ok thanks mate.
Cheers

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 01:57:33 PM »
FYI
Sir Theo
Mate thanks for that info.
I contacted Wayland Games , and got a reply in about 3 Nano seconds ... very well done them ..!!
However the gist of the reply was No release pending , which was very disapointing to say the least .......
Cheers  .

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 10:58:33 PM »
There were a couple of issues with the Dystopian Legions game:

1.  Scale - the figures are quite a bit bigger than anything else on the market, so you can't use them for anything else, or mix & match figures into the game.  Being almost true scale, the ankles and wrists were delicate and very difficult to pin.  The metal castings were also very brittle and some of the minis were incredibly difficult to put together (Covenant of Antarctica Robots were 7 or 8 pieces for each figure and could only be put together in a single pose - so could easily have been a 2 part casting)

2.  Support - Spartan were great at coming up with an idea, then chasing after something else and forgetting all about the ranges they still had holes in.  Lack of new releases was a major issue, with armies missing anything other than a couple of troop types.  Some armies didn't even get released at all.

The rules were pretty sound from what I can remember and the concept of Victorian Dystopian conflicts was great.  Linking Dystopian Wars with Legions could have been done better (I never played the land version of D Wars, but played the Naval Rules a lot).

When Spartan went bust lots of us lost our money in their Kickstarter and since then my Legions and Wars minis have languished in boxes.

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 09:19:47 AM »
Hi Guys
Just a quick update.
I did contact Wayland Games again , and got another very prompt but no luck reply ..
However after reviewing the Emails closely...  I did notice that apart from being very very quick replies...  there were quite a few spelling and context mistakes in the emails, leading me to the conclusion that this was a 1800 F_ ck Off number in Sri Lanka somewhere  lol lol .. .  and a waste of time  :( :(.. I could be wrong , maybe  i shall call them.
 Cheers

Offline Glasvandrare

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 01:36:41 PM »
Lost World Exodus, a sister game to Wild West Exodus, is probably as close to a Legions game that we will get for now.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 01:39:57 PM »
As an aside the Achtung Cthulhu skirmish game uses the Dystopian Legions rules, obviously in a different setting