Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:22:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Trumpeter Tabletop Wargame Society - Vancouver, Canada  (Read 742 times)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Trumpeter Tabletop Wargame Society - Vancouver, Canada
« on: February 19, 2022, 07:35:08 PM »
Guys, just wondering how many LAF'ers are local and members of the Trumpeter's Tabletop Wargame Society out of Burnaby BC? I know Will Ballie, Wirelizard and Codsticker are. Anyone else?

I'm thinking of joining up as I'll be moving to a new place across from Metrotown in the spring. Just wondered what people thought of their experiences at the club.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 11:33:10 PM by Bravo Six »

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
Re: Trumpeter Tabletop Wargame Society - Vancouver, Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 05:38:58 AM »
Hey, Todd!

Covid has messed Trumpeter things up for the past couple of years, but as the restrictions are being lifted, we hope that gaming will return to normal.  If you're going to be near Metrotown, then Trumpeter should be a natural decision for you.  In normal times, there is a game night on the first Friday of the month.  There are usually a dozen or more tables going with a healthy mix of historical, fantasy and sci-fi tabletop games, plus board games and RPG.   It's been said that each monthly meeting is like a mini-con!  Of course, that was in the before times.  Hopefully we'll get back to that level of gaming again soon.

There's also Trumpeter Salute, a gaming weekend usually in April.  The past couple have been cancelled (darn Covid again), and there won't be one this year, either.  However, going forward there should be some conventions coming up again. 

The other great benefit is that you'll get a chance to meet like-minded gamers, and make the connections for gaming meetups outside of the regular gamenights, too.

cheers,
W

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 05:18:33 PM »
Thanks for weighing in Will! I've been to a couple of Trumpeter's Salute events over the years, and was also the guest of a fellow LAF'er at a few Friday game nights back in 2015/16 so it's been a while. Pouring over the TS Facebook it looks like there's a new infusion of young blood into the membership which is also great to see.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 03:02:23 AM »
I'm looking forward to the next Trumpeter's Salute as I have some crap I want to sell. :D

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 03:07:59 AM »
Perfect!  lol You're a determined fellow if you're lugging it all the way from Victoria!

Begs another question..... does anyone know if you can sell stuff on Game Nights?

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 08:24:43 PM »
It's only one medium sized roughneck. :D
Begs another question..... does anyone know if you can sell stuff on Game Nights?
I have been wondering that as well.