Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures release Thirty Years War range. LATEST RELEASE.  (Read 11969 times)

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
Any chance of some Dumas style musketeers?
I agree we need some French (lots of ribbons / feathers, silks) cassoque musketeers ( their first use in battle was at the Susa Pass 1629)  ;)
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline serran

• Librarian
I was thinking of four gentlemen in particular........

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
If I were a manufacturer, I'd consider some French for Rocroi. I don't recall anyone ever having made any. I'd be reluctant to bring out a specific Three Musketeers  range, however, because Brigade Games already makes some nice 28mm Three Musketeers figures, and I'd wonder whether any I had sculpted would be significantly better. Does anyone know who sculpted the Brigade Games range? Is it Paul Hicks?

Offline serran

• Librarian
I have the Brigade musketeers but to be honest I think there is still room for improvement. They are a little generic for me.

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
The musketeers are also covered by Redoubt and Steve Barber.  I have also seen a few 3D print options.

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
If I were a manufacturer, I'd consider some French for Rocroi. I don't recall anyone ever having made any. I'd be reluctant to bring out a specific Three Musketeers  range, however, because Brigade Games already makes some nice 28mm Three Musketeers figures, and I'd wonder whether any I had sculpted would be significantly better. Does anyone know who sculpted the Brigade Games range? Is it Paul Hicks?
For me Paul, aside the King's Guard - Mousquetaire du Roi (dragoons / musketeers) and Richelieu's Guard - Fusiliers ŕ cheval de son Eminence (dragoons / musketeers), I would love to see French TYW figures from 1620's onwards, as many wore the cassoque and there was a look and feel to them that made them stand out from opposing troops at the time. There's also the swiss - heavily armoured pikemen front and rear ranks, they would be a nice touch too.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
Yes, that would be interesting and, so far as I'm aware, never manufactured before.

My guess, however, is that if Empress decide to expand the range (which, of course, I hope they will), they'll start by adding some more figures which match the existing ones and see how the range sells before branching out into figures for different countries. Personally, I'd love to see some historically accurate, Paul Hicks - sculpted, Swedes, but I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 06:47:16 PM by Paul Richardson »

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
Personally, I'd love to see some historically accurate, Paul Hicks - sculpted, Swedes, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'll second that!!!
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re TYW French, I think 1898 Miniaturas still intend to get to them in the fullness of time : they were definitely on the cards when the expansion of the TYW range was last mentioned a year ago or so and Javier Gómez stated that it was his intention to provide opposition for his Tercio range. The Spaniards have yet to be added to (1898 Miniaturas don't have artillery yet) but the plan seemed to move on to the French as soon as the Spanish part of the range was completed. 1898 Miniaturas being a small company, this is probably not going to happen very quickly (they are currently focusing on their French colonial range with some very nice Moroccan cavalry coming up in the next weeks/months) but unless the plans have changed, the French should happen one day.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Empress Miniatures release Thirty Years War range. LATEST RELEASE.
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2022, 08:44:10 AM »
Thanks for all of the interest in this range. We have finally finished releasing the original range in all its glory and so can moving forward look at what we do next with it. What ever we do it has to be commercial for obvious reasons.

The three musketeer suggestions are logical as is developing the current figures by adding more variants and finishing off the groupings. For example more pike types and cavalry variants. It all sadly and rather frustratingly takes time however.

We also sell the 1898 range and there is a logic in dove tailing the ranges and trying not to cover off the same figure types. I know that the guys are working on the Spanish/ French part of the conflict (arguably the most interesting?) but there are a lot of other areas to cover. 

Here is todays release.

https://www.empressminiatures.com/empress-miniatures-thirty-year-war-150-c.asp

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:50:02 AM by Paul @ Empress Miniatures »

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2022, 10:20:30 AM »
Will I be able to see some of these at Partizan on Sunday? I'm curious to see the sizes of the horses in person.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2022, 10:31:21 AM »
Yes we will have the range. Just ask as they are not on display as such.

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2022, 10:58:31 AM »
Yes we will have the range. Just ask as they are not on display as such.

Thanks that would be great.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2022, 10:50:04 AM »
Paul: I think there is another cuirassier - part of Emil's first release. He is wearing the same armour as TYW40 but he's facing forwards and he's carrying his pistol pointing upwards. I'd send you a photo but all my examples have had conversion work done to them.

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2022, 08:25:29 AM »
Paul: I think there is another cuirassier - part of Emil's first release. He is wearing the same armour as TYW40 but he's facing forwards and he's carrying his pistol pointing upwards. I'd send you a photo but all my examples have had conversion work done to them.

I will have a look  ;)