Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jet is stuck in the 90s! - Vor: The Maelstrom.  (Read 12220 times)

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Jet is stuck in the 90s! - Vor: The Maelstrom.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2022, 12:36:36 PM »
Very nice! That's the lad I bought for my Bull. Oddly I can't find the sculpt in the starter (arms raised) for some reason.

I think it never went on general release.

Oh and iirc you got a voucher to order Growlers from FASA directly before their general release.

Don't forget the mail order sheet that let you order the battletech temporary tattoos. ;D Just looked in my copy, it sits with the void 1.1 box, never got as far as the forcebooks, though I do seem to have a razorfangs exodus campaign book I don't remember.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Arjuna

• Assistant
  • They wish to be destroyed, and you destroy them.
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2022, 01:20:19 PM »
I think it never went on general release.

It did.
VOR The Maelstrom 45101 Razorback Growler Bull #1 BOX SET.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2022, 01:25:00 PM »
It did.
VOR The Maelstrom 45101 Razorback Growler Bull #1 BOX SET.

Oops, I can only blame my mistake on it being a long time ago and me probably thinking of something else. ;D

Offline Arjuna

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2022, 01:42:33 PM »
Oops, I can only blame my mistake on it being a long time ago and me probably thinking of something else. ;D

Your sins may be forgiven by 'The Holy Church of the Eternal Lead Mountain' after you bought this replica of a Most Holy Relic of VOR!
https://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/vor-c-55/growlers-c-55_62/45101-razorback-bull-1-boxed-p-1785.html

By the way, with 15 £ Sterling a bargain, especially considering the further increase in metal prices in the future.
 :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 01:52:25 PM by Arjuna »

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2022, 03:49:06 PM »
Must say I am really looking forward to seeing this thread develop.

BTW Growlers makes me chuckle every time as around here a growler is a pork pie  :D

Razorback Growler Bull  :D :D

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2022, 04:03:52 PM »
Have just ordered the rule books. Too good a bargain to miss and worth it if even just for the pretty pictures.
I won't mention what a growler was where I grew up.

Offline Arjuna

• Assistant
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2022, 04:19:26 PM »
I won't mention what a growler was where I grew up.

Mine is a grown male one.
But the growth at the bottom on the other hand...

Added that certain small detail some years ago.
I'm a sucker for realism...

Must say I am really looking forward to seeing this thread develop.

Someone should put a [NSFW] in the thread header, this develops fast.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 04:23:44 PM by Arjuna »

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2022, 05:53:41 PM »
Ngl, the game has a naming problem with "Vor" phonetically sounding like a rather...disturbing thing and Growler being a nickname for an area on the body.

If I was rebooting it I'd either go "Vorack: The Maelstrom" or "Enter the Maelstrom"

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2022, 08:43:39 PM »
 Well been in the loft and dug out quite a lot of miniatures for the game.I seem to have lots of Growlers a good selection of Union including four Mule drones.Pharon look to be at a good level.Might need to buy some more Fists of Anubis to get legal forces done.Neo Sovs are looking good for the mix that i have.Might need more of the mutant and hound types.I dont seem to have much in the way of Shard at the moment.Think there maybe a few more hiding some place.Also got Six of the normal Masher and one of the Task Master and some of the Golem miniatures.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2022, 10:05:06 PM »
Always wanted some Zykhee

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2022, 10:38:08 PM »
Well been in the loft and dug out quite a lot of miniatures for the game.I seem to have lots of Growlers a good selection of Union including four Mule drones.Pharon look to be at a good level.Might need to buy some more Fists of Anubis to get legal forces done.Neo Sovs are looking good for the mix that i have.Might need more of the mutant and hound types.I dont seem to have much in the way of Shard at the moment.Think there maybe a few more hiding some place.Also got Six of the normal Masher and one of the Task Master and some of the Golem miniatures.

Mashers actually have some legit rules! Not alot of units but it was written by Mike Nielsen. Nothing on Golems though.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2022, 11:52:28 PM »
If you can dig it out  could you do me a favour? The starter comes with a 4 mission mini campaign and I'd like to try it for the authentic "starter set" feeling. If you could scan/photo them that'd be awesome.

Yikes! That sounds absolutely awful. A pox on Harmony Golds name my friend, hopefully modern Battletech at least scratches your itch.

Sure, I'll try and find it. Don't think I ever sold it so should be buried somewhere.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2022, 12:00:21 AM »
Mashers actually have some legit rules! Not alot of units but it was written by Mike Nielsen. Nothing on Golems though.

There are three different Golem miniatures.Got two of the prototype one,three of the slaver and six pounders.Would have been interesting to have seen more figures for them and rules.

The Zykhee are strange in a good way.Some of the figures dont come with weapons to go onto the staff's that they are armed with.Think i have enough for basic unit types for most of what has been released.Not sure why but i also have three of Myntokk miniature.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2022, 12:03:41 AM »
lol
Good to see you around, just Dan to track down now then.

I generally avoid his channel like the plague but would make an exception and watch if you do get the game on the table. Do you plan to play with the booklets and cards or houserules?
I still have Stefan's pdf of the rules (also a .doc version) and the excel points calculator if you need them.
Why so opposed to Guerrilla Games? I was already on twice, playing Dracula's America, and had a good time!

I think I'm set for rules.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2022, 12:41:02 AM »
Sure, I'll try and find it. Don't think I ever sold it so should be buried somewhere.

Absolute gent! Thanks kindly.

There are three different Golem miniatures.Got two of the prototype one,three of the slaver and six pounders.Would have been interesting to have seen more figures for them and rules.

The Zykhee are strange in a good way.Some of the figures dont come with weapons to go onto the staff's that they are armed with.Think i have enough for basic unit types for most of what has been released.Not sure why but i also have three of Myntokk miniature.

May be worth statting up some rules for them maybe?

Regarding the Zhykee weapons, I know Ral Partha sell the tips. I think the idea behind the Zhykee is kinda cool, but the whole African-tribal-art-double-jointed-alien vibe doesnt quite do it for me.

Why so opposed to Guerrilla Games? I was already on twice, playing Dracula's America, and had a good time!

I think I'm set for rules.

Not to get controversial but I'm aware there's some irritation with his ties to GW, impartiality is raised into doubt when you get given starter sets before anyone else on the market. Especially considering wargaming journalism is even less professional then the joke of video game journalism.