Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mary Shelley in the Silver Bayonet (new AAR, page 6)  (Read 10400 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Mary Shelley in the Silver Bayonet
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2022, 02:09:32 PM »
Thanks, War Monkey and Chairface.

At last, the gang's all here. The Much-Piddling Eight stand ready to face the evil machinations of the Harvestmen.

From left to right we have; Lady Constance Snoring-Cabstanleigh, Duchess Ophelia Lovett-Behynde, 1st Lieutenant Veronica (Ronnie) Toastrack, Major Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Comtesse Marie Antoinette du Bedandboard, Marchioness Honeysuckle Tossington-Crust, Doctor Pattie O’Fernyture and The Honourable Verity (Peaches) Snapcase.

Offline Qwirz

• Bookworm
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2022, 04:28:26 PM »
Wonderful Unit!!!!! Congratz!
Let's see them on the Battlefield!!!! :)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2022, 02:24:12 AM »
I love the names of the Much-Piddling Eight.  Looking forward to more tales of their adventures.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2022, 04:15:03 AM »
Wow! Comtesse Marie Antoinette du Bedandboard looks really great! That is a great looking team now. Again, I am looking forward to seeing them in action!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »
Thanks, Qwirz, syrinx0 and War Monkey.

Getting near to trying out the first solo scenario now. I was short of wolves and dogs, so I painted some yesterday, very quickly. Not looking too good, but they'll be OK. One or two werewolves required as well, but I already had some of those. Just need to get set up now.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2022, 03:42:21 PM »
That reminds me I need to get more wolves too!

Everything looks great, your werewolves look awesome! I hope to see more of "The Bad Things That Are Out There"

My plan is too due everything in 15mm range. I received figures for Ghost, Ghouls, Ghast, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Vampires, two different sets Cultist plus leaders, wolves, Gargoyles Have will make for large demons, a set of small familiars that will make for smaller demons. I have washed them all and are ready for basing this week.

As I had mentioned earlier, my team will work from a ship. In the book you're trying to beat other nations to said artifacts to win the war over other nations, however I am planning to have a main Cult that is trying to do the same thing, but they want to be the ones pulling the puppet's strings over all nations. Along with a Vampire Clan that are out to rule the world as well.

I too will be playing it solo as well, have my Marines on the way from Stonewall Figures there are the Americans, British and French for the moment I will be getting the rest of the other nation later. I have Pirate figures from Rebel Minis for the ship's crew I have other figures in my queue right now form other manufactures. I have plans drawn for a Church, a Cemetery as well as for buildings for a village and a port town. I have the plans drawn up for the ship I'll be using, I just need to plan out the other terrain items I will be needing at first mostly the port, I want it to be modular so I can rearrange them for different layouts. I have the pink foam board for doing so. I hope to be posting about all of them soon! I have nothing ready, I am just now diving into this era of terrain and everything else, for me it has always been Sci-Fi.

Again, I am looking forward to seeing your gaming table and terrain that you will be using as well.

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2022, 05:29:27 PM »
Lovely! And you've sold me on the clear bases!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2022, 04:31:26 PM »
Lovely! And you've sold me on the clear bases!

Cheers!   :D

War Monkey, that sounds like a fascinating plan you have there. I do like the ship idea and am looking forward to seeing what that looks like. It looks like you are going to have quite a collection of minis for this. As to terrain, well, here we go.

...as the evening shadows lengthen over Piddling Down, the men of Loose Chippings (a village not far from Much-Piddling) wend their way home from the fields.

At their rear, the Alderman of Loose Chippings, Churm Rooftrouser stops to berate Foul Ole Ron the beggar. Honeygander Gooseboote, Loose Chipping's Lady of the Night is in the gibbet again. Caught soliciting again in the hours of daylight, no doubt.

The men are thirsty after a day's work in the fields and are heading straight for the Cockdropper's Arms for some cider.

Landlord, Scrabster McGurgle and his wife Tully, await their regulars with tankards full of the best scrumpy in Loose Chippings.

Esme Weatherwax and Nanny Gripes  are arguing over the stew for the men's supper. Nanny Gripes is known for adding extra wild garlic but it gives Esme the wind! Goody Plumbob looks on.

Captain Jedediah Shortcake of the Loose Chippings Fencibles is in his usual seat, carousing with Mimsie Slopcorner (Loose Chipping's other Lady of the Night).

So what's the point of all this jibber-jabber, you may well ask. A message arrived at Snapcase Hall for Major Shelley. Cavendish-Bentinck (the PM, you'll recall) has had a report from one of his agents that the long-lost artefact, Spongerobert's Orb of Seeing may be in the vicinity of the ruined watch tower, north of Loose Chippings, on Piddling Down. The Much-Piddling Eight are tasked to investigate and recover this valuable piece, if possible. It could be of immense help in determining the plans of the Harvestmen. With no time to lose, the gels head to the old watch tower as the sun begins to set. What perils may this night bring? We shall see...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:00:16 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »
Brilliant! Thank you for sharing! You have some fantastic figures!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2022, 09:54:02 PM »
Wow! All those figures and your terrain is awesome! :-*  I have a lot of catching up to do! compared to your setting. lol

I can't wait to see how their adventure turns out!

I have a wish list going for civilian figures as well as additional military ones. I also have a wish list for battlefield damage terrain wagons, cannons, dead horses, dead cattle and dead soldiers, for moving across fresh battlefields. Setting up for encounter with ghouls, ghast, and revenants, after all it is during the Napoleonic period. Plus, a wish list for old ruins and damaged builds along with whatever else runs across my mind.

Offline Qwirz

• Bookworm
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2022, 09:59:02 PM »
Snapcase!
You have a fantastic mini world!
That's why you are so Inspired for your Backgrounds!!!!
(Or you have a fantastic world BECAUSE you are so inspired??) ;)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »
Brilliant! Thank you for sharing! You have some fantastic figures!

Many thanks!   :D

War Monkey, you've reminded me, I have some dead cattle somewhere, must find them, thanks.

Qwirz, imagination is our only weapon in the ongoing war against reality!

So, the Cockdropper's Arms and the villagers of Loose Chippings are just for atmosphere, really. The main action will centre around the ruined watch tower. I have laid out a 6' x 3'board but will only be using 3' x 3' (see second photo) for the first scenario 'Wolf Pack'.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2022, 12:50:20 PM »
You’re a very naughty Mad Lord - this is looking too splendid for words. Looking forward to seeing how the action develops and how the MP8 get on against the evil that is without…..

Doug

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2022, 07:23:18 PM »
That is a beautiful table!

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2022, 02:14:30 AM »
Oh dear.  Honeygander Gooseboote is awfully close to the action.  Might be her last night in the gibbet...  :o