Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Go Forward Together- Moi & Perry Miniatures Collaboration Desert Rats Diorama  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Hi,

A few years ago I painted up some of the test sprues for the Perry Desert Rats plastics that were planned for release for Salute and aimed at being presented as a diorama. When the painting was complete then it a case of waiting to see what Michael would do with the miniatures and how he would compose the diorama. I tend to base my miniatures in a vignette manner as a rule but boy was I surprised when I saw the finished thing! A really great diorama put together with skill and a real appreciation of dramatic effect. It just looked so professional and realistic Excellent! Of course I wasn't able to make Salute that year so I had to scrounge the pics thus far, I know George Moriatis is responsible for one, the Perry's for the add on their website, which leaves one that I lifted from someone's "Pics of Salute" from their blog! If you took the pic, please come forward and I will be certain to credit you!

I'm expecting more pics very soon so I'll let you know when they are available which shouldn't be long so do please keep an eye out if you're interested in this sort of thing  there are more pics on my Just Add Water Blog, including pictures of the miniatures before they were sent off to Perry HQ here:
https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2020/05/perry-miniatures-desert-rats-featured.html?fbclid=IwAR3p5daPDcTfPKqONhCmFrbivjD6gXZQL9W9B0bF7LhJTQWuXaaKpAS7cLg

Cheers :)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
That's lurverly.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline retrovertigo

• Assistant
That is really good  :o

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Fantastic diorama! Brilliantly done!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Thanks guys. all I did was to paint the miniatures- the rest was done by Michael Perry and a very fine job he made of it all too  8)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Brilliant work, looks amazing!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
I like that, I like that a lot.

:)
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Quality and skill of artists involved, shines.

really nice piece, well put together.

Just goes to show when you have skilled contributors, what each party can bring to the whole project, even in miniature.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Thanks guys :)