Forum > VSF Adventures

[Commercial] Castles in the Sky- Available on the Osprey Website

(1/11) > >>

Easy E:
Greetings all,

This 5+ year journey is almost at its completion.  Castles in the Sky is up on the Osprey website for pre-order.  This is the game of flying battleships circa 1914. 

https://ospreypublishing.com/store/osprey-games/osprey-wargames/castles-in-the-sky

This one is 80 pages long and filled with brand new art from Osprey, and brand new photos from Brigade Models.  This is a very nice looking book, perhaps my favorite one that I have done with Osprey yet. 

If you have questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them.   

jetengine:

--- Quote from: Easy E on March 07, 2022, 09:32:57 PM ---Greetings all,

This 5+ year journey is almost at its completion.  Castles in the Sky is up on the Osprey website for pre-order.  This is the game of flying battleships circa 1914. 

https://ospreypublishing.com/store/osprey-games/osprey-wargames/castles-in-the-sky

This one is 80 pages long and filled with brand new art from Osprey, and brand new photos from Brigade Models.  This is a very nice looking book, perhaps my favorite one that I have done with Osprey yet. 

If you have questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

--- End quote ---

How many models do you need on average and how accurate do they have to be to their profile?

Easy E:
The game is model and scale agnostic, but it helps visually if both sides adhere to the same general ship size.  However, it uses Measurement Units instead of hard measurements, and the "center of mass" (Usually the peg stand, but some large models have multiple pegs, so center of mass) for all ranges and measurements.  Therefore, any models scale can work. 

The game can be played 1-on-1 ship battles up to a dozen vs a dozen.  However, I typically play 6-7 ships per side. 

jetengine:

--- Quote from: Easy E on March 14, 2022, 02:45:28 PM ---The game is model and scale agnostic, but it helps visually if both sides adhere to the same general ship size.  However, it uses Measurement Units instead of hard measurements, and the "center of mass" (Usually the peg stand, but some large models have multiple pegs, so center of mass) for all ranges and measurements.  Therefore, any models scale can work. 

The game can be played 1-on-1 ship battles up to a dozen vs a dozen.  However, I typically play 6-7 ships per side.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, when I say profile I mean "X amount of guns etc" rather then size.

Easy E:
Oh, then I would say.... not accurate at all.

After all, it is model agnostic, and who knows what people will bring to the table. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version