Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:47:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689701
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (C) Battle System: UP to 20% off Discount Code until 24th / Maladum KS  (Read 3494 times)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Maladum KS live!

Two thingies:
* Maladum: Dungeon-themed miniature skirmish game, based on the Core Space solo/coop game system.
* Multilevel Dungeon Terrain

KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlesystems/maladum-dungeons-of-enveron

BGG has a good overview of the game system: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3039064/what-maladum-dungeons-enveron
Maladum FB has various videos about gameplay. Yes, I know you hate FB, so wait for the KS. :P : https://www.facebook.com/groups/667685361187018

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:47:53 PM by ced1106 »
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I'm possibly interested in this one.

However, I have a hankering just now for a random dungeon sort of game, and the pictures I've seen show much more of a static table.

I'll see what the KS has to offer (and how much they're looking for), but it may not be for me.

Mantic has a new KS for Dungeon Saga coming out soon as well, so it's all go for underground gaming just now :D

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
I love Core Space by Battle Systems, and the customer service has been excellent from them but I am undecided on this one. The miniatures did look particularly good at Spiel in Essen but Mrs. GG prefers our Dwarven Forge terrain for fantasy. So, we are on the fence and will follow the campaign closely.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
I'm up for the dungeon terrain. Dunno if my budget will let me go for the game itself.  lol

Dungeon terrain looks to have *lots* of elements I can use outside of a dungeon: Bridges for wilderness; Ruins; Stone walls and walkways for castle walls; Accessories for barracks, taverns and buildings.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
I like the Battle Systems stuff, but I find - as with many manufacturers, they have an inability to just accept what doesn't work well in card.  I'd rather see more bulk content of rooms/halls/etc.  I don't need (nor do I like) all of the little fiddly card barrels, etc.  I find all of that to be basically wasted cardboard.  So it's tough for me to buy into some of the card stuff when I see a sheet or two of just...wasted material.

I like the 3D "look" of this stuff, but it is definitely a bit fiddly looking.

I still to this day regret selling off my old Malifaux card stuff - it was great.  Just large buildings/streets/sewers, etc.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I like the Battle Systems stuff, but I find - as with many manufacturers, they have an inability to just accept what doesn't work well in card.  I'd rather see more bulk content of rooms/halls/etc.  I don't need (nor do I like) all of the little fiddly card barrels, etc.  I find all of that to be basically wasted cardboard.  So it's tough for me to buy into some of the card stuff when I see a sheet or two of just...wasted material.

Yup, I totally agree. I backed their post apoc stuff, and all the non-wall type pieces just don't look right. The beds, vending machines etc are nice enough, but just look like cardboard  :(

The Mantic one is due next week, I think, so I'll decide then.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
> The Mantic one is due next week, I think, so I'll decide then.

Posted this in the Mantic thread, but... BUY IT ALL! :D
* Dungeon Saga: Dungeoncrawl.
* Maladum: Miniature skirmish game
* Battle Systems Dungeon Terrain: Multi-level dungeon terrain suitable for outdoor ruins -- and dungeoncrawl boardgames.

I'm up for the dungeon terrain, since I don't have much ruins or multi-level dungeon terrain.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Less than 48 hours go go!

If you're buying the Maladum core game, you can still ruinously bling it up with the Forbidden Creed expansion!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I think I've actually managed to talk myself out of both this one and the Mantic one.

The Mantic one was easier to skip, but the scenery on this one was, and still is, quite tempting. However, I have several boxes of unpainted warcry ruins, and this KS doesn't deliver until next January. I hope (despite much evidence to the contrary) that I can get some of the warcry stuff painted before then  ;D

Offline Grah

• Bookworm
I just got the combined pledge and the Forbidden Creeexpansion. I don't have any dungeon terrain yet and this looks pretty good to me. Hope I'll paint all the figures but the scatter terrain would be ok for lots of skirmish games..

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
I have a ton of Archon that needs painting. This "preprinted" (: stuff definitely hits the table faster!

The DF and Archon plastic dungeon game tiles are fine for RPG's and dungeoncrawl games, but gets expensive for a 3x3 dungeon-themed miniature skirmish game, and that's not even multi-level. BS just added large and small floor tiles, so you can have partial levels (to push bad guys off of!) as well as make standalone ramshackle building on your nice green game mat!

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
I'm in for the base set. 

It does look good value to me.  I do like First Born

and of course I have zero willpower.
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Well, in exchange for no willpower, you can build a tower! :D

Want stairs with that?

Oh, and the game itself gets a shiny hardcover. Whatever. :D

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Battle Systems discount code!

Salute Discount Weekend!
This weekend Salute will be running at the ExCel Centre in London. We had intended to be there with some Maladum demos, but unfortunately due to some personal circumstances we will no longer be able to attend. Our sincere apologies to anyone who was hoping to try out the game. Hopefully we'll see you at the UK Games Expo in June instead.

Of course, we always offer some great deals at conventions, and we didn't want everyone to miss out so we're going to offer the deals online instead!

From now until Monday we have a range of offers available, including up to 20% off our games and terrain sets, and other bonus discounts too. These are available to customers worldwide, even if you wouldn't have been at Salute anyway!

Just enter the following codes at checkout:

SALUTE2023

15% off all game and terrain starter sets, including:
Fantasy Village, Battlefield, Citadel and Northern Settlement sets
Sci-fi Frontier, Galactic, Outlands, Cyberpunk and Gothic sets
Urban City Block and Shanty Town sets
Core Space Starter Set
TALOS

20% off Core Space First Born, including:
Core Space First Born Starter Set
Fury of the Insane God, Trading Post 5, Gates of Ry'sa, In the Line of Fire, Ships of Disrepute and Patrol Class Shuttle expansions
Accessories including dashboards, dice, pens, bases and pouches
Alien Catacombs and Trader Encampment terrain sets and related products
INSANE

£10 off any spend of £100 or more (or equivalent in other currencies)
Shop Now!
All codes can be used together. Codes expire midnight Monday April 24th.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: (C) Battle System: UP to 20% off Discount Code until 24th / Maladum KS
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 04:32:18 PM »
Last chance to Late pledge for Maladum coming up Sunday the 27th of August.

If you missed out on the KS you can still pledge now and get the hefty 40+% discount.

https://gamefound.com/en/projects/battle-systems/maladum-dungeons-of-enveron?ref=search