Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What rules do Y'all use?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
What rules do Y'all use?
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »
I have a fellow in my group that uses a different set of rules every time we play something!
I have a case of Old-timers disease, and I cant keep things straight when the rules constantly change.
Anyhoo, What ruled do you-all use?

Forgive me, as I dont really remember the names of all the rules sets we have used, but some of the ideas stand out.

One set of rules (dont remember the name) has what they call "Aspects" where you define certain things about your character, and can "invoke" them for a bonus during play.

Example: Say I choose "Ex-Cia Agent" ...The anytime I determine that this background may help me, I can spend an Aspect point to invoke it for a bonus on my roll, say I am seeking information covertly or shooting or breaking and entering...ETC...

I really like this option, as it fits well with my storytelling way of GMing, but like any rules set, there are MANY pages to the rule book. I like to play fast and loose, so I am trying to develope my own rules suited to this type of game play. Since it is storytelling, I prefer to have minimal rolling of the dice.

Actually, I think I will start a different thread about rules development, since this one is about different systems  lol...see you there (if yoiu are interested)
I suppose you will be wanting your ear back now that you have answered my questions -The Wraith