Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:33:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690883
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Piney's Fantasy Carousel: Cities of Sigmar/Old World Dark Elves  (Read 24671 times)

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
Re: Piney's Fantasy Carousel: Cities of Sigmar/Old World Dark Elves
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2024, 11:27:29 PM »
Only one unit left! 10 more corsairs, ready to plunder. Only the chariot remains!

"There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love.”

― St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2024, 12:30:26 PM »
A three-day weekend means I'm pushing hard to get *everything* ready for Old World's release on Saturday. I finally got the sails on my wolf ship, which now looks the part of a sleek ocean predator.

Offline steeldragon

• Librarian
    • IG :)
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2024, 03:41:34 AM »
That ship looks great!

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2024, 09:51:39 PM »
That ship looks fantastic, loving all of the figs and other terrain as well!

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2024, 01:58:09 AM »
I'm not dead! A change in my child's sleep schedule has led to a change in my sleep cycle, which has led to less painting. But progress chugs on! Getting these plucky folks painted for a tournament in a month or two. It'll be the first one I've ever participated in after 10 years in the hobby, so I want my army to look its level best!

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2024, 06:41:44 PM »
I love the look of that ship, well done!

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2024, 01:16:46 AM »
I love the look of that ship, well done!

Thankee much!

Finally got my witch hunter crew ready and matching the rest of the Night Stalker brigade, accompanied by a Shyish wizard of all things. Or is he a priest of Morrda? Hard to tell under that sinister verdigris mask...

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2024, 12:21:18 AM »
No picture update, but some project updates:

I am beyond excited for Callis and Toll to get miniatures; the Nick Horth books opened up AoS lore to me. I adore the characters. On top of that excitement, since those characters are getting rules to play Warhammer Quest: Cursed City, I am absolutely going to play through that game featuring the saviors of Cinderfall. I inherited a half-painted copy of that game and am now focused on painting up the remaining assorted bats, rats, and skeletons, and will in all likelihood do a narrative playthrough of the game and post batreps of it here. Don't expect this for a few months, unless I can dig up some spare hobby money somewhere!

Speaking of batreps and the much nearer future, I will hopefully actually remember to photograph some of the Warhammer Old World games I've been playing since release day to get back to my broadsheet-style battle reports. I really do miss making and reading these sorts of battle reports and I see too few in the wild. I need to get my hat back in the ring!

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2024, 09:33:13 PM »
SURPRISE! I accidentally started a 5 Leagues from the Borderlands campaign. It's going to be set in the Age of Sigmar universe due to this being what I have a diversity of miniatures forThis will follow the adventures of a Nightstalkers patrol on the outskirts of Crowhaven, amid the misty pines of the Scarfscarp. Who knows what fiends they'll face in the name of the God King?

The map is done, my list is made, and the battle lines are drawn! A band of aelf pirates has been robbing the local townsfolk and even kidnapped some locals. It's up to Sigmar's finest to put a stop to this sort of thing (in the starter scenario).

Out of the gate, I learned this game needs busy tables, terrain-wise. The corsairs were having none of it and immediately waxed the freeguild sergeant. The troops then started falling like dominoes.

Some clever footwork held the enemy off for a moment, but only a moment.

Unsurprisingly, with my blocking troops dead it took only a turn for John Blanche With A Gun to fall in battle.

Overall, I very much like how simple the battle system is, and I REALLY like the tempo system of melee combat. I can't help but feel like the game is punishingly brutal, given that the enemy failed to roll under 3 on every wound roll. I don't doubt more caution is due on my part when approaching scenarios once I take the field in the Official Scenario 1 (coming soon!) I'll certainly be sure to hug cover! For Sigmar!

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2024, 12:42:58 AM »

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2024, 12:48:19 AM »
Campaign over, and in two turns! Suffice it to say that I learned some hard lessons. Having more than one ranged unit is important, for one. I lost 3 of my six men to lucky bowshots. I'm undecided on if I do 5 parsecs next, or a Second Songs-themed campaign 2 for 5 Leagues. We shall see!

Offline PineyPhantom

• Librarian
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2024, 12:40:01 PM »
If you enjoy my work, check out my 5 Parsecs from Home campaign thread "Void Jacks" in the Future Wars board!