Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Reaper Bones 6  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
[Kickstarter] Reaper Bones 6
« on: April 01, 2022, 11:04:06 AM »
So, Reaper Bones 6 has begun…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/bones-6-tales-from-the-green-griffin/description

We backed Reaper Bones 5 and enjoyed it so much we tracked down a second hand Reaper Bones 4. Excellent value.

So my first thought was that of course we would back Reaper Bones 6… but given fulfillment is scheduled for April 2024 and any investment in Chinese production given the current state of the world is a gamble… I am not so sure we will back and if we do back whether we will back big or not.

Will you be backing Bones 6?
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: [Kickstarter] Reaper Bones 6
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 11:04:48 AM »
Backed them all from 1 through 5, think I'll probably get in on this at some stage. might see what the stretch goals are like though

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 11:06:34 AM »
I am still kicking myself for not getting the Bones 5 Chronoscope add-on.

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 12:02:24 PM »
I did back a little so far because I really like the tavern, but it seems a little meagre compared to previous ones. But that might just be because there are no real centerpieces in the Core set, or even elsewhere yet.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 12:36:21 PM »
Down to the last few hours… Mrs. GG and I decided to bid for the core box and will add more in the pledge manager when our budget allows. We NEED that lighthouse!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 03:39:00 AM »
I pledged a small amount for the bugbears but will probably add more later.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 05:05:38 PM »
I didn't back it ( EU-based ), just because of that, because I want to see the material the models are made woth and because there wasn't much exiting going on. Whatever I want I'll buy in my FLGS or order online from an EU-based discounter. I don't want to pay and extra wieght and extra VAT and extra customs and extra whatever for useless shizzle in mediocre material I've got tons of already.
Leadhead

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 09:43:12 PM »
I didn't back it ( EU-based ).....

Goes for me too. I never backed big on Reaper Bones as I have far too much fantasy stuff already, but having been hit hard on Bones 2 with customs and shipping costs I barely considered backing any after that.
Given last years change in the importation and VAT ruless in the EU, and the even more ridiculous Reaper shipping charges, passing on Bones 6 was a very easy choice, I didn't even bother looking at it after day 1 of the campaign.

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 12:43:10 AM »
I didn't back it either.

I backed the Bones 4 Kickstarter and got the Core Set and a few extras shortly after my son and I got into the hobby. We were starting from scratch so a big variety box of assorted figures, monsters and the odd but of terrain at an extremely reasonable price was perfect. The quality varied from rather good (the Zombie Dragon!) to rather crude but as they were cheap even the less appealing figures were great to give to the children to have a go at. I sold a proportion to a friend, had fun painting a fair bit (including stuff for Frostgrave and The Silver Bayonet and a force of Goblins for Dragon Rampant) and still have quite a bit left.

I backed Bones 6 for the Pirate Ship, which in terms of value looked too good to refuse, and an expansion, but I have only painted one thing from the expansion so far and not touched the ship yet.

By the time Bones 6 came out i had a significant painting backlog and this, coupled with the sense that the value was not quite as good as previously, plus the fact that not much of the stuff on offer took my fancy, meant that I was able to resist temptation. With my painting speed I don't think I can cope with more than one Bones Core set a decade!

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 04:17:31 AM »
I passed on this because I already have 4 Kickstarters that arrived very late, or are still running very late due to the situation in China, so I have become very wary of investing in anything requiring Chinese manufacture.