Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (BIG Update incl. Dragon)  (Read 12325 times)

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
Re: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (update 13.11)
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2022, 04:01:29 PM »
Since real life kept me occupied, I wasn't able to post anything sadly. I was lucky to get some things finished. But need to take some more pictures. So today a simple Workbench Update of some stuff i finished.

First some lovely Spiders by Katsina Miniatures from Ireland. I fell in love with this sculpts. They are amazing and work pretty good with 15mm. Here some of them in a more highland camouflage, waiting behind yellow flowers for their pray.

And my Sigmar Temple from the Time of Legends: Joan of Arc. Still WIP need to fix some minor errors, but i think its already a pretty nice building for the Tabeltop.

Next up is an old Chaos Imp, will be used as a half-troll or small troll maybe nice character model. Next to him is a nice Totem of some Cthulhu range and a piper cant remember which company build him.

And last but not least, two of my favourite projects i did the last days. First a Celtic Round Hut completely scratch build and second a Landsknecht Ghost Inspired by this old Warhammer Modell. Brought to my attention by V's great Oldenheim Tread https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=112681.240.

I build him out of two Landsknechts from Alternative Armies

Pictures are lower quality the normal Sry guys, have only limited time at the moment for the hobby. But wanted to post some things, bevor the thread gets completely dead. Next up the scratch building lane is a 15mm zoat, lets see how it goes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 04:03:36 PM by LoxIslay »

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Re: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (update 13.11.)
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2022, 05:22:27 AM »
Nice looking terrain and figures. 

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2022, 10:01:47 PM »
The flock used as overgrowth really ties everything together and elevates it.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2022, 07:34:39 AM »
Thank you guys. Hope to get some work done today.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2022, 03:23:19 PM »
Love that Landsknecht ghost, but the goblin and the church are also brilliant!

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2022, 05:45:10 PM »
Love that Landsknecht ghost, but the goblin and the church are also brilliant!

Thanks DivisMal!

Today I was able to chip some time away to continue to build my sheep fleece play mat. Inspired by mogsymakes https://mogsymakes.net/2022/05/31/sherpa-fleece-terrain-mat/

Last time i was able to put some color and rocks down, today was the time to put some tufts and flowers down.

Also added some heather great stuff from Model Scene

a more rocky part of the mat, without and with some crowd

And the finished progress for today, needs to dry and definitely need some more shading and highlighting on rocks and tufts. The hole thing will end on an oval Table, because of space reasons. I will keep you updated until I'm finished.

Still sorry for the bad pics but while working, i only had my old smartphone camera.

Offline Ockius

• Scientist
Re: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (update 19.11.)
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2022, 08:03:06 AM »
Just seeing this thread for the first time.
I really like your eclectic selection of models and the weird world of Chaos you’ve created!
The heath landscape scenery is excellent too, that bare peat soil/rock with the tufty grass and heather looks just right and works for a Chaos-tainted region too.
My armies:
- Henry VIII's army (WIP) 15mm
- Ancient Germans (28mm)
- Ancient Belgae (Gauls with German allies) (28mm)
- Massilian Greeks (Greeks and Gallic mercenaries/subjects) (28mm)
- A few EI Romans (28mm)
- Handful of WW2 British (15mm)
- A load of old 1993-1999ish Warhammer Orcs and Goblins

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2022, 08:14:45 AM »
Just seeing this thread for the first time.
I really like your eclectic selection of models and the weird world of Chaos you’ve created!
The heath landscape scenery is excellent too, that bare peat soil/rock with the tufty grass and heather looks just right and works for a Chaos-tainted region too.

Thank you so much. I mean heather should be the plant of Slaanesh. 

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2022, 12:50:38 PM »
That fleece is very effective. Is the intent to permanently affix it to the oval table, or does it roll up well?

It puts me in mind of a White Dwarf battle report played atop bath towels.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2022, 10:15:40 PM »
You can loosely fold it like a blanket or cloth. It’s so fluffy, that it doesn’t bend hard enough to leave marks (hope it’s understandable, English isn’t my first language).
I think you could also Rolle it up, but at the moment it fits folded better in its case.

Also it won’t be fixed to the table, it will be used as a cloth in the end. Hope to get a betrep done in the next weeks. But both upcoming weekends are busy.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2022, 11:37:37 PM »
That's a pretty cool material you got there for the mat, and I really like what you do with it. Also: The headless ghost landsknecht is ace. :D

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2022, 09:11:41 PM »
Do the figures stand ok on the fleece mat? I didn’t have a very good experience with those grassy mats you find on AliExpress, and I’m thinking it’s better going with a printed mat so they sit flat on it.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2022, 04:43:08 PM »
Do the figures stand ok on the fleece mat? I didn’t have a very good experience with those grassy mats you find on AliExpress, and I’m thinking it’s better going with a printed mat so they sit flat on it.
I'm sorry for the late answer, but real life got in the way. Still no game on the mat, but was able to test it. I made some hills with books. One extreme and some more moderat ones. All my Fantasy models are single based on washers.

Results

1. Scibor Plastic can climb every hill, even the big Landsknecht/Doppelsöldner guy who is relatively tall.
2. Skaven from Splinted Light games worked also good, but had some difficulty on big hills.
3. Ral Partha Landsknecht was the worst, his center of gravity is simply bad. He even falls on some of the plain parts. But you can push him in the fur and that keeps him standing.
4. most  normal 15mm work good on the plain parts, if its a light model its also ok on most hills.

In the End i think it fits my gaming needs well, it looks better then my simple mousepad mat, plays as good as a real terrain table. And if a model falls it falls softly and not one some rough sandpaper like surface. Tested some Ancient Armies and it worked great, so if you plan bigger battles with bases 40mm up words its and good alternative.

Aim is to play a game after Christmas, for the final conclusion.

That's a pretty cool material you got there for the mat, and I really like what you do with it. Also: The headless ghost landsknecht is ace. :D

Thanks, i also love the Ghost Landsknecht. After testing it today, i think its perfekt for Big Battles in 15mm. Tried some of my Ancient armies on it, looked pretty good.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:45:04 PM by LoxIslay »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2022, 07:04:43 PM »
That tabletop heath is bloody spectacular, Peter!  :o :o

We need to find time to play something on it! Absolutely brilliant and to see such stuff is the main reason why I keep coming to this most excellent forum!

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2022, 08:46:29 PM »
That tabletop heath is bloody spectacular, Peter!  :o :o

We need to find time to play something on it! Absolutely brilliant and to see such stuff is the main reason why I keep coming to this most excellent forum!

For sure, but first I have to find time to finish it.  :D