Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (BIG Update incl. Dragon)  (Read 12321 times)

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
Re: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (update 21.1.)
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2023, 10:21:41 PM »
Khorne Dwarves? Now that is something I did not expect seeing.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2023, 10:30:41 PM »
Khorne Dwarves? Now that is something I did not expect seeing.

Back in the day bevor the CD got their big hats they were Khorne followers. https://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.com/2013/07/acceptable-in-80s-chaos-dwarf-ballistics.html

I couldn't resist to build some.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2023, 10:37:11 PM »
Whazoo! What a whopper of an update!

The dragon is among the best dragons I’ve seen. Ever. Full stop. And your painting on him/her/it is just spectacular! :o :o

The villagers of course are just innocent bystanders maltreated by the authorities for being visually different. People of the borderlands resist! Defund the inquisition!

Seriously, many nice things finished. The dwarven xbowmen will certainly tilt the fragile balance in the dwarf/skaven wars.

Edit: and I forgot: while I love the big hat CDs dor all the silliness that made Warhammer 4th-5th such an enjoyable game, the evil Oldhammer dwarfs have a place in my heart, too. Brilliant!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:39:10 PM by DivisMal »

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [15mm] A tale of a Madman (update 29.1.)
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2023, 12:30:24 AM »
Those all look excellent, but the zombie dragon is a standout! I have been tempted by that model a few times but haven’t bought one yet. Yours might push me over the brink! I really like the colours you chose, and the details like the veins on the wings are great additions!

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2023, 12:42:31 AM »
That dragon is a whole lot of pretty.  Very nicely done.   :o
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2023, 07:39:20 AM »
That dragon is a whole lot of pretty.  Very nicely done.   :o
Thank you!
Those all look excellent, but the zombie dragon is a standout! I have been tempted by that model a few times but haven’t bought one yet. Yours might push me over the brink! I really like the colours you chose, and the details like the veins on the wings are great additions!
He’s definitely worth it. A bit hard to assumable, but he’s a very old model (to be fair, the Alternative Armies jabberwock gave me more headaches). What’s nice, at least for me, you can pose him a bit like you want, by bending his neck, tail and wings. I hope you give him a chance.

Whazoo! What a whopper of an update!

The dragon is among the best dragons I’ve seen. Ever. Full stop. And your painting on him/her/it is just spectacular! :o :o

The villagers of course are just innocent bystanders maltreated by the authorities for being visually different. People of the borderlands resist! Defund the inquisition!

Seriously, many nice things finished. The dwarven xbowmen will certainly tilt the fragile balance in the dwarf/skaven wars.

Edit: and I forgot: while I love the big hat CDs dor all the silliness that made Warhammer 4th-5th such an enjoyable game, the evil Oldhammer dwarfs have a place in my heart, too. Brilliant!

Thank you for praising my little dragon.

I also love both the CD with hats and without. Let’s just say, I have another classic CD model planned which is a cannon  :D

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2023, 06:27:26 PM »
I never really liked dwarves, but I remember being blown away by the old chaos dwarves. They're still lovely miniatures. Seeing the stuff thats appearing on a lot of the Fantasy board threads maybe we should do an Oldhammer Painting Club?

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2023, 06:49:12 PM »
I never really liked dwarves, but I remember being blown away by the old chaos dwarves. They're still lovely miniatures. Seeing the stuff thats appearing on a lot of the Fantasy board threads maybe we should do an Oldhammer Painting Club?

Sounds like a plan, maybe i went shopping the last days for some oldhammer dragons  lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2023, 07:37:39 PM »

Well, if you accept 15mm participants, that will be a very cool thing to do!

Offline Old Hob

• Scientist
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2023, 09:05:20 AM »

I'd also be bang up for this. I have some Perry twins' gobbos crying out for a splodge of paint.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2023, 11:06:21 PM »
Maybe we could do a 25/28mm Oldhammer Club and a smaller scale club with 15, 10 and 6mm? Could be fun?

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2023, 06:10:50 PM »
Maybe we could do a 25/28mm Oldhammer Club and a smaller scale club with 15, 10 and 6mm? Could be fun?

More is always better  :D

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2023, 09:48:35 PM »
More is always better  :D

I’ll echo that, but would like to include the 1/72 - 20mm guys into the small scale club, too. Why: the scales from 6-20mm have also suffered from scale creep, but not at all in the dimensions 28mm, which by now is often 30-32mm and has been substituted with major companies for anything between 32mm and 38mm. Seriously, I wait for the day when I can get my MotU action figures to play Warhammer!

So why not one club „smaller scales“ (<28mm) and one „Oldhammer?

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2023, 12:13:52 PM »
Finally able to show you a miniature that was done fore months, but lay broken, because of a small accident. Finally i found the motivation to get him back together, and fix him up.

A amazing Miniature from Alternative Armies, but lacks a bit of precision on its 'joints'. Still i love him, and definitely can recommend him, he makes a great beast. Some size comparison to the zombie dragon and a ral partha dwarf.

I also finished a jolly nurgle sorcerer, from knightmare miniatures.

And the second biggest Spider from Kastina Miniatures. Lovely model.

And with all the oldhammer talk, i wanted to share a blast from the past with you. I bought on ebay last month. Some 15mm Dwarfs nowadays still available from Mirlition in Italy,  but i think in smaller portions  lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2023, 12:29:05 PM »
Wow! I just love that Jabberwocky! Great paintjob! The background also fits very well.

The spider 🕷️ Is super cute! It demands for a Night Goblin horde.

And those dwarfs: good catch. I loved them when they were new and I still appreciate Julie Guthrie‘s dwarfs today. They aged pretty well!