Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:37:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dark Future, Gaslands & Zona Alpha  (Read 8041 times)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: Dark Future, Gaslands & Zona Alpha
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »
Gotta keep it fast play for auto combat, I think. I'll sacrifice detail for ease of play and a sense of speed, so Gaslands gets my vote. Probably one of the Fistful of Lead games for pedestrian action?

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2022, 11:01:06 PM »
Hey LA, thanks for sharing your observations, muchly appreciated. As I may have mentioned earlier, am kind of interested in checking out Zenos Rampant from what I've read about it, and supposedly it will include vehicle rules too. Unfortunately it's not coming out till towards the end of the year. But think I'm going to pick up a copy of Gaslands anyway. Never played the FFoL rules but have read a lot of good things about them. Mostly been toying with Strange Aeons and using the solo deck. Like the solo deck but have my issues with the SA rules, especially the combat/damage stuff. Besides adding to my Mythos collection the vehicle & gang stuff is going to be my main project going forwards. I have a real soft spot for the DF figures so time to finally do something with them. (But do plan on putting together a posse for DA just in case.)
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2022, 11:18:59 PM »
We had many a fun game using the Dark future figures and the Necromunda rules. The cars were really used as battle taxis. But saying that the savage worlds rules gave a good game and included simple vehicle rules.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2022, 01:23:40 AM »
Thanks Nick, will have to add Savage Worlds to my list of things to check out. Yeah love me those Dark Future figures and that's what I'm pretty much looking for (Necromunda was also a favorite of mine), a gang skirmish that includes vehicles. The direction I take it in will definitely be affected by the rules I use but at it's basic core that's what I'm looking for.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2022, 12:16:40 AM »
I have taken stock of my Dark Future figures and vehicles and now know what I need and how many of each of what I do have. Surprisingly need around 10 models to complete my collection, and two are casualties that I can take or leave. If anyone is still interested in trading I have multiples of many of the figures so let me know what you think about it.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »
I actually don’t know if I have many spares, I sold some to LeadAsbestos several months back. This image has which minis I still need, the ones without checks.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2022, 01:03:56 AM »
Hi Jack, check and see what you have as I believe I have most of the ones you're missing. Am thinking of starting a trade thread after looking on eBay, most of the prices there are insane, even more insane is people are buying them. Almost $20 for one of the plastic bikes, and I have like 16 of them. Without the casualties I need 7 figures and 1 driver, though I'd be interested in duplicates of some I already have. Interestingly the smaller add in your thread (which I didn't find in any of my WDs) with the squares around the 2 figures, I do have the girl but not the guy leaning back with the rifle but I do have a guy leaning forward with a rifle which I haven't seen anywhere else. Will get a pic next time I get them out. I even have the promo Santa. Figure if worse comes to worse I can always sell some on eBay to get what I need, I did see a couple for sale. Now I'm pumped to finish them off.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2022, 01:56:23 AM »
Please share a picture of the guy leaning forward with the rifle.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2022, 08:25:26 AM »
No problem, this is the dude. And you're probably aware of this but I realized that there are six metal motorcycle variations. The three wheelers are pretty nice too.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2022, 01:06:59 PM »
Ok, Ill get a list and some pics together and we will see if we can't finish all our damn collections!

If I can figure out how to post pics off my phone!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2022, 01:55:54 PM »

Here is what I have for pedestrians

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2022, 02:04:20 PM »
Trades

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2022, 02:06:50 PM »
12 of 14 drivers

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2022, 02:08:05 PM »
Bikes

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2022, 02:10:04 PM »
Phew! So after all that, I'd love to trade, swap, buy anything I'm missing! I have deep pockets with other minis but only what you see for DF.
The Collecting Citadel Miniatures wiki has the best resource pics for collecting, although I recall finding one mistake!