Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:15:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691093
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Legio Mortis Iconoclast  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Legio Mortis Iconoclast
« on: April 23, 2022, 06:13:21 AM »
This thing took a while to finish.

I started on it in December, but between moving, work and a new puppy it has taken some time to finish.

I did manage to finish a bunch of titans for my Mordaxis force and one for my Sentinels of the Edge force while I was working on this.  I just kept getting stalled on this one because of the size of it and it didn't seem like it was getting anywhere.

Last week I just put in on my desk and determined to finish it when I wasn't working on stuff for other people.

It is certainly a beast.  I'm hoping to get it in a game this upcoming week, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

I'm thinking it will be more effective than the shooty version of the Warmaster.  That thing packs a whallop but for the points it doesn't seem to have the annihilation game that it should.  This thing should.

I wanted this one to look rusted and weathered, like it was late in the Heresy.  I'll mostly be using it for Siege of Terra games I think.

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
Re: Legio Mortis Iconoclast
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 09:29:00 AM »
That is fantastic!  :D

Offline eptingmike

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 09:29:50 PM »
That is way cool!  I need to get off my rump and get my Titanicus stuff painted!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 12:37:53 AM »
Titanicus is a great game, probably the best that GW is currently producing.

Here is its first outing against Legio Astorum. 

Here is the big guy chasing a Warlord down.  His first charge put a pretty decent hole in the back of the Astorum Godengine. 

Legio Mortis is coming in hot on the other side too with their Malinax lancers taking out a pair of Warhouns before dying in the nuclear blast from the other Astorum Warlord going hamster huey and the gooey kablooey.

Here the Warmaster lumbers closer to that Warlord, pausing to stomp a Acastus knight out of existence.

The Mortis reaver tries to hold on but is just way outnumbered.  His death marks the end of any chance Mortis have of winning the game, the best they can hope for now is a tie.

The Warp Runner's other Warlord takes some serious hammer caught in a crossfire between the two Mortis Warlords.

The Iconoclast turns away from the doomed titan to rip through the Astorum Reavers.

Despite destroying about 2500 pts of enemy machines while only losing about 500 pts of their own, Legio Mortis was not able to win through to a victory.  The loyalists within the population were not intimidated by the Death's Head Legio and held out for the Emperor.