Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for the artist 'CG' who painted some FreeBooter miniatures in 2016 & 17  (Read 619 times)

Offline Elysium

• Student
I recently purchased some painted Werner Klocke FreeBooter miniatures, but cannot locate the artist? The bottom of the bases on a few have the logo of a C over a G (interlocked) painted in white on them. I'm in the UK, so assume the artist is more likely UK based. I did do a fair bit of searching, and found 'cgminipainting' (who are Canadian), Great! I thought, but upon contact, and sending them images of other work by, it appears......? the same artist, they had nothing to do with them? Does anyone here know who the artist could be? Does the CG signature jog anyone's memory? I like the style, and it would be good to know who it is, as one, they need touching up due to game knocks, but also awhile back I was looking to commission someone, but couldn't find what I liked. I ended up painting a load of D&D miniatures myself, so a good and bad situation over all, it got me painting again!

Hope this is in the right area, I did look around a fair bit. I used to be on a 'rather' vociferous UK based miniature forum, massive, but that appears to have effectively closed its doors.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
I do't do commissions, but I used to add my initials to the bottom of my miniature's bases too, back when I played in clubs.

So the painter may not even be a commission artist...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Elysium

• Student
That's a fair point! The person I bought them off, seemed to think that they were though, well alluded to this. They can't be specific, as the owner is now gone. The CG definitely does not relate to the prior owner. Oddly, another set that they had, was half painted? Although, perhaps the cost, stopped the commission mid way? They are nicely done, and I just like the style. Someone out there must know. It is a big wide world, but quality painted miniatures, that alone narrows it down a lot, as there are a wealth of painted miniatures out there, but for finished projects, and ones to a nice standard, it starts to thin out a fair bit!

If anyone knows of any large forums I could ask on (perhaps more specifically UK ones?), then perhaps message me privately to let me know where else I can ask, thank you.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Might help if you post a photo of the miniatures.  Just a thought.

Offline Elysium

• Student
Fair point, eloquently put!