Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Austrians for Silver Bayonet  (Read 1636 times)

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Austrians for Silver Bayonet
« on: May 03, 2022, 12:45:56 PM »
Here is the Seiner kaiserlich-königlichen (k.-k.) apostolischen Majestät Rechtschaffenes (Leib-)Jägerkorps:.

From the left: Wolfgang Friesenbichler (Grenadier); Graf Heinrich von Strepsil (Officer); Reverend Beaumont "Bozey" de Leominster (Irregular); Doppelhoffer the Styrian (Veteran Hunter)

From the left: Ivan Ivanović (Grënzer Infantryman); Count Miklós Esterhazy (Dhamphir); Otto Rank (Tactician); Hieronymus Klenau (Artillerist)

The whole group adds up to 130 Recruitment Pounts so they can’t all be fielded initially- I’ll probably leave out with the Dhamphir or the Veteran Hunter.

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Austrians for Silver Bayonet
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 12:49:50 PM »
They are a lovely looking bunch, and what a title for a unit! Graf Heinrich von Strepsil definitely looks the part.

The whole group adds up to 130 Recruitment Pounts

You've got to watch those pounts closely!

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »
You've got to watch those pounts closely!

Ouch….!

:D :D :D

Doug

Offline Qwirz

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 02:00:16 PM »
Amazing job!!!!

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 02:34:56 PM »
Amazing job!!!!
Thank you. When I finished them I was quite pleased with the result but then took photos and was horrified how all the inadequacies were ruthlessly exposed; crude shading, dreadful faces etc. So I re-photographed them from further away and then reduced the definition so that the faults are not so obvious. Please excuse my subterfuge  :)

Doug

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 05:09:25 PM »
They are a really nice set, and the paint work is great!

Yes, the Point system is very challenging, you think what would make for a great team and find that the system will not allow it!  :-[
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 05:42:39 PM »
Great work!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Archduke of Earl

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 06:06:51 PM »
Great looking unit!

As far as saving the 30 points, I suppose you'll probably end up enlisting the Dhamphir rather than the Veteran Hunter as the former is (IMHO) rather overpowered for the point cost. Compared to the veteran hunter, the dhamphir has the same melee, defense, health, and equipment choices, plus adds Damage Reduction, Strong, and a higher Courage (not sure why the v.h. has no better courage than the line infantryman and worse than the tactician, junior officer, etc.). The only stat that the veteran has over the dhamp is accuracy, not much of a compensation.

Personally, I'm probably going to create some sort of house rule that sees Dhamphirs "tempted' if they encounter vampires.

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 07:36:07 PM »
They are a really nice set, and the paint work is great!

Yes, the Point system is very challenging, you think what would make for a great team and find that the system will not allow it!  :-[
Thanks. The paintwork looks pretty dire when viewed in full resolution on my iPad 12" screen, I can promise you.

This team is made up of the "official" Austrian set so is not necessarily what I would have chosen and this accounts for the over-spend. As it is, I’ve made the Supernatural Investigator into an Irregular because I think he looks more like an Irregular. It also saves 7 points. I’ve also changed the Occultist into a Tactician because the figure has 2 pistols and I like my figures to be as near to WYSIWYG as possible. I’d have preferred him to be an Occultist but those 2 pistols in his pockets would have been a constant irritant.

Great looking unit!

Thank you…

As far as saving the 30 points, I suppose you'll probably end up enlisting the Dhamphir rather than the Veteran Hunter as the former is (IMHO) rather overpowered for the point cost. Compared to the veteran hunter, the dhamphir has the same melee, defense, health, and equipment choices, plus adds Damage Reduction, Strong, and a higher Courage (not sure why the v.h. has no better courage than the line infantryman and worse than the tactician, junior officer, etc.). The only stat that the veteran has over the dhamp is accuracy, not much of a compensation.

Personally, I'm probably going to create some sort of house rule that sees Dhamphirs "tempted' if they encounter vampires.

As I mentioned above, this team is the "official" Austrian team and thus the individuals are not necessarily what I would have chosen from scratch. Also, the look is as important as maximising game effectiveness, which is why I’ve made the Supernatural Investigator into an Irregular and the Occultist to a Tactician. However, I will choose the Dhamphir over the Hunter but my reason is because he is a type unique to the Austrian list, not because he is more effective.

I like your temptation idea and look forward to seeing what you may come up with.

Doug

Online Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2022, 09:30:36 PM »
The S. k.-k.-ap.M. Rs.Jg.-Korps checking out an abandoned camp

Doug

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313