Forum > Other Adventures

Trigan Empire war gaming

<< < (2/5) > >>

dadlamassu:
Many years ago I did a Trigan wargame fore based on Airfix Romans and other 1/72 Airfix plastics.  These were the only figures I could afford at the time! 

If I was to try it now then, as others have said, I would go for converted plastic figures though you will probably need to scratch built some weapons.  In 20mm there is now a wide choice (have a look through Plastic Soldier Review).  In 28mm I would again go for plastic kitbashes of Ancient Romans, Greeks, with scifi, fantasy and all sorts of historical sets.   Some of the characters may be from suitable metal ranges (Ancient, pulp, post apoc etc). 

blacksoilbill:
I can't help you, but this certainly brings back memories. I only had a handful of Look and Learn magazines, so like you: massive gaps, no idea about the big story. But boy were they mesmerising. Great artwork, gripping snippets of story.

Bowman:
Thanks for the replies gents. It looks like kit bashing may be the way to go. It may come down to Victrix plastic Romans, with 3D printed weapons and head swaps of “Space Romans”.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/um-roman-helmets

Captain Blood:
Can’t really help with the enquiry on figures, but I too fondly remember the Trigan Empire in Look & Learn, and if you didn’t know, you can in fact buy the entire Trigan Empire series of, what I guess you would now call graphic novels, in three (I think) handsome and IIRC rather expensive hardback volumes. Noticed them a few years ago on Amazon and was sorely tempted…

Mammoth miniatures:
I agree that kitbashing is going to be your best option - I'm keen to see how you get on tho!

I took delivery of a lovely don lawrence art book the other day, msotly his work on STORM but i agree, his work is prime wargame fodder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version