Forum > SuperHero Adventures

Out of scale superhero figures?

(1/3) > >>

robh:
Which superhero figures from common 28/32mm ranges would work with bigger 1/48th scale figures (about 38 - 40mm tall)?

I know some of the Reaper Chronoscope figures can be bigger than they should for 28/32mm but what about Heroclix type plastics? or any other options?

Pulp hero style in preference to Spandex.

Daeothar:
Knight Games' superhero lines (think Batman) are roughly 32 to 35mm, so are a good deal taller than regular 28s. But they're also very much not heroic, so might look rather weedy...

Same goes for Crisis Protocol I suppose, although those (fittingly) are more heroic that the DC fare.

Davies:
You can give it a try to last Heroclix sets. They are (unfortunately for many of us collectors) much bigger miniatures that old ones. Since House of X, I think.

sundayhero:
Davies is right. It's why I stopped collecting heroclix minis just before they introduced cards to the game. The range was fairly homogenous then.

DS615:
Remember that height isn't the only difference if you're using 1/48 model figures.  The models tend to be more realistic, meaning way less chunky than our game miniatures.
Height differences can be addressed with base sizes if you need.

I use 1/48 figures for my Civilian crowds.  You can see some of them on my blog.  The Game minis are from all over. Heroclix, Chronoscope, even Heroscape, so you can see how they compare.

http://fandangoalphaone.blogspot.com/2019/12/kracker-jack-justice-3.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version