Forum > Model and Miniature Photography

Image editing advice

(1/2) > >>

Spinal Tap:
Hello, hope someone can help.

I use simple editing software on my laptop on my pics and try to get the image colours etc to look like the actual object.

The pictures look exactly the same as the painted image but when I view them on a mobile device they look over saturated and gaudy.

Given that many, if not most, people view on mobiles should I aim to make them look realistic on mobiles but dowdy and dull on my laptop, aim for somewhere in between so neither image is over/under saturated but neither realistic or is there some other option?

Rather poor picture from another phone attached.

received_975431859804267 by markndebs, on Flickr

Ray Rivers:
Not to be an arse or anything, but personally I just use my camera.

Having said that, if the image you are getting doesn't show the correct colors, it is probably a problem with lighting.

modelwarrior:
I am no expert but I believe this has something to do with colour management and SRGB files ? Basically when importing files from one device to another ensure they are imported to the same SRGB colour space. Adobe/Photoshop/Apple etc and all the other well known brands convert automatically but some of the lesser known software are not recognised so when you convert it basically makes a guess at the colours.
 So its possible your phone is not recognising your editing software and making the wrong colour management decision ? So convert to SRGB before moving to your phone.

Hope this helps ?

Spinal Tap:
Thanks for the responses, I don't think I've explained myself very well.

When viewing my Flickr page on laptop and mobile phone, the laptop pictures are pretty much the colour of the actual models once I've processed them.

But viewing the same Flickr page on mobile phones makes them look really oversaturated.

I suspect I'll either have to live with it or make them look undersaturated on laptops to look OK on mobiles.

Thargor:
You should be able to change the screen settings on your phone...or your laptop...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version