Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Experience with Medieval Mirliton  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
Experience with Medieval Mirliton
« on: May 25, 2022, 03:27:24 PM »
SO, I backed the kickstarter for the monks' scriptorium and am now taking a closer look at their website. There are quite a few figures that I like, particularly some of the civilian scenes and their knights, so I was wondering, does anyone how they compare in scale to companies like Footsore, Fireforge, and the like? And generally, what people's experience is like?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Experience with Medieval Mirliton
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »
I own a few of the civilians and very nice they are. They scale in fine alongside Footsore and other figures in my medieval collection. (1st Corps, Crusader Miniatures etc.)
The company was easy to buy from,  They arrived promptly but it was pre Brexit. So you may incur import charges which could increase your costs.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 08:15:07 PM »
I didn't know about the kickstarter.  The scriptorium looks great.  Have you seen the brewing monks?

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 08:11:14 AM »
I didn't know about the kickstarter.  The scriptorium looks great.  Have you seen the brewing monks?

Unfortunately, at the time, my job situation was a bit different from now so I didn't go for that part as well. In hindsight, I really should have though!

I own a few of the civilians and very nice they are. They scale in fine alongside Footsore and other figures in my medieval collection. (1st Corps, Crusader Miniatures etc.)
The company was easy to buy from,  They arrived promptly but it was pre Brexit. So you may incur import charges which could increase your costs.
Thank you! And so to see they're in Italy, which for once places me on the right side of this whole Brexit thing when it comes to minis.

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 08:48:36 AM »
SO, I backed the kickstarter for the monks' scriptorium and am now taking a closer look at their website. There are quite a few figures that I like, particularly some of the civilian scenes and their knights, so I was wondering, does anyone how they compare in scale to companies like Footsore, Fireforge, and the like? And generally, what people's experience is like?

I have a lot of them and I mix them (and use parts) for conversion and mods.
Compared to Fireforge? Nice, and heads, weapons, shields fits 100%.
Just have a look to my blog http://pippoweb.blogspot.com/ and you'll find something Mirliton's.

I'm going to finish (spoiler  :o) my medieval project and minis are all from Fireforge and Mirliton... stay tuned  ;) I will post here on LAF a preview as usual.
Ask me if you need more info.
Ciao

Per aspera ad astra
pippoweb.blogspot.it

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 03:45:41 PM »
I have a lot of them and I mix them (and use parts) for conversion and mods.
Compared to Fireforge? Nice, and heads, weapons, shields fits 100%.
Just have a look to my blog http://pippoweb.blogspot.com/ and you'll find something Mirliton's.

I'm going to finish (spoiler  :o) my medieval project and minis are all from Fireforge and Mirliton... stay tuned  ;) I will post here on LAF a preview as usual.
Ask me if you need more info.
Ciao

Those look truly amazing and it makes me much more confident in my plans. And I really look forward what else you produce!

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 03:19:58 AM »
I mix them with fireforge for my Barons wars and also footsore.

Cheers
Matt

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 10:42:19 AM »